This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllNight View Post

That's just due to browser storage / caching. If you try to go to their forum in a browser with cleared storage and cache (or a new browser install, you can check with a portable browser), you will get the same not found message as everything else, as their domain no longer resolves.

Given the amount of time everything has been down and no communication from anyone, this may not be just some maintenance issue, but some kind of takedown. Could be just the DNS, but it could also be that servers were seized. Even if no one was arrested, it would take some significant time and money to try to get the infrastructure back if the servers were seized. It's also possible that it could be some kind of exit scam thing, although that doesn't seem likely to me.

This was posted to reddit by Redfox1 (alan1476 on Reddit), a forum moderator:

Click image for larger version Name:	redfox1.png Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	443329

Given how long everything has been offline now, it's not looking good.
    Except that's not RedFox1 - whatever he claims to be. No-Passenger9208 is the one making that assumption, no idea what they base it on.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-05-2024, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

That's not RedFox1, whatever he claims to be.
      Yeah there’s no way that even if the servers were seized that they don’t have an offline copy of the work they have done. That would make zero sense on their end and it hasn’t even been down 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
        I got the same results. There is no longer an IP for the domain name. Or at least no DNS record.

https://www.whois.com/whois/redfox.bz​
        ,BZ is Belize, a Central American country which I believe was formerly called British Honduras. When I checked earlier, the IP address listed for redfox.bz was 45.93.138.193.

When I checked whois.tucows.com, their registrar, it lists the address as Charletown, KN. KN is St. Kitts & Nevis, an independent country made up of two small islands in the Caribbean.

Comment

Redfox.bz's last known IP is 45.93.138.193, which appears to be located in Lithuania (Hostinger):

Code:
          ip:"45.93.138.193",
          hostname:"lt.redfox.bz",
          city:"Vilnius",
          region:"Vilnius",
          loc:"54.6892,25.2798",
          org:"AS47583 Hostinger International Limited",
          postal:"01001",
          timezone:"Europe/Vilnius",

asn:Object,
            asn:"AS47583",
            name:"Hostinger International Limited",
            domain:"hostinger.com",
            route:"45.93.136.0/22",
            type:"hosting",

company:Object,

privacy:Object,
            vpn:false,
            proxy:false,
            tor:false,
            relay:false,
            hosting:true,
            service:"",

abuse:Object,
            address:"Europos pr. 32, LT-46326 Kaunas, Lithuania",
            email:"abuse@hostinger.com",
            name:"Hostinger Administrators",
            network:"45.93.138.0/24",
            phone:"+37064503378",

​
          This could be just for their content delivery network, as I have no idea what other IP's were being used, or what other servers were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

,BZ is Belize, a Central American country which I believe was formerly called British Honduras. When I checked earlier, the IP address listed for redfox.bz was 45.93.138.193.

When I checked whois.tucows.com, their registrar, it lists the address as Charletown, KN. KN is St. Kitts & Nevis, an independent country made up of two small islands in the Caribbean.
            Right next to the Netherland Antilles, where RF1 is located. The IP addy may be in Vilnius, but you know that bunch could locate it on the moon, third pockmark over from Mare Crisium, if that served their purpose.

Comment

This speculation is exactly why we need some other way to get in touch. I think this will be resolved shortly but still it looks like the dns got screwed somehow and that’s what’s going on. Usually the authorities post something on the site if it gets taken over or down.

Comment

Thank God for Streamfab

Comment

And they were willing to wait for your hand-cranked internet to finally deliver your responses? ;D

Click image for larger version Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	443331
                  That's back when it actually worked.

Would you believe they were down AGAIN for three days starting last Friday? They've been down at least three times for several minutes each today AFTER a fix that took those three days!
                  Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

I used to like fab until they abandoned us I actually uninstalled for now because it’s to heartbreaking what it’s become.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

That's back when it actually worked.

Would you believe they were down AGAIN for three days starting last Friday? They've been down at least three times for several minutes each today AFTER a fix that took those three days!
                      I...just...no, that's going TOO far. What, does the chewing gum and duct tape keep coming loose? And naturally they charge the earth for it every month!

Comment

Redfox.bz's last known IP is 45.93.138.193, which appears to be located in Lithuania (Hostinger):

Code:
                        ip:"45.93.138.193",
                        hostname:"lt.redfox.bz",
                        city:"Vilnius",
                        region:"Vilnius",
                        loc:"54.6892,25.2798",
                        org:"AS47583 Hostinger International Limited",
                        postal:"01001",
                        timezone:"Europe/Vilnius",

asn:Object,
                        asn:"AS47583",
                        route:"45.93.136.0/22",

company:Object,

privacy:Object,
                        vpn:false,
                        proxy:false,
                        tor:false,
                        relay:false,
                        hosting:true,
                        service:"",

abuse:Object,
                        address:"Europos pr. 32, LT-46326 Kaunas, Lithuania",
                        email:"abuse@hostinger.com",
                        name:"Hostinger Administrators",
                        network:"45.93.138.0/24",
                        phone:"+37064503378",

​
                        This could be just for their content delivery network, as I have no idea what other IP's were being used, or what other servers were involved.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-05 8.55.33 PM.png
Views:	558
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	443345

Welcome to Hostinger's home for real-time and historical data on system performance.

Comment

Except that's not RedFox1 - whatever he claims to be. No-Passenger9208 is the one making that assumption, no idea what they base it on.
                          I don't know for sure if that's him or not, but it did not seem deceptive to me, as he never said he was Redfox1, and the other poster seemed to know that it was and just thanked him for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                            This speculation is exactly why we need some other way to get in touch
                            That's what I was thinking... if redfox.bz is gone for good (for example), if staff brings it back on a new domain (again for example), how would anyone know about it? Anyone could make a site pretending to be them and claim "we're back".

Comment

What's available for discs other than DVDFab? MakeMKV, and anything else?

Does DVDFab and/or MakeMKV crack AACS remotely like AnyDVD does? (I.e., can encrypted ISO's be mounted and decrypted with Fab/MakeMKV?)

Comment

What's available for discs other than DVDFab? MakeMKV, and anything else?

Does DVDFab and/or MakeMKV crack AACS remotely like AnyDVD does? (I.e., can encrypted ISO's be mounted and decrypted with Fab/MakeMKV?)
                                Makemkv has never let me down. I think by tomorrow this time though we will all be breathing a sigh of relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X