This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the subtitles:
    Extracting to original format works, SRT and Remuxing to file fail in everything I've tried. It doesn't seem to be a specific Amazon problem. I downloaded the first episode of "The Acolyte" from Disney. The subtitles are missing here too.​

Comment

I downloaded two episodes of Terminal List , all 3 subtitles I chose are there (remuxing to file)... I'll try some other titles later to test.

Comment

The subtitle problem actually seems to be caused by the update process. I installed the trial version of 6.1.8.1 in a VM that has no trace of DVDFab and downloaded one of the episodes from before. The subtitles are included. Downloading just SRT subtitles also works.
        Now I need to completely uninstall SF using an uninstaller and then reinstall it. Hopefully the uninstaller won't mess anything up.​

Comment

Tracking down issues like that is maddening! That was my job for better than 35 years and I don't miss it in the least. It seems odd but uninstallers have caused me almost as much grief. My all time favorite though is "So your kid downloaded a free game? On your work computer?"

I haven't used their updater in a long time. I always download the installer as soon as it is released. As soon as I install a new version I rename StreamUpdate.exe to StreamUpdate.exe.NOT so no nagging until I decide it is time to upgrade.
          Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by dasauge View Post
            The subtitle problem actually seems to be caused by the update process. I installed the trial version of 6.1.8.1 in a VM that has no trace of DVDFab and downloaded one of the episodes from before. The subtitles are included. Downloading just SRT subtitles also works.
            Now I need to completely uninstall SF using an uninstaller and then reinstall it. Hopefully the uninstaller won't mess anything up.​
            Deleting the "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\ Log" and "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\ Log" folders eliminates quite a few problems for me jumping from version to version (and I've done that a lot in the last several months ).
            Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by dasauge View Post
              Cats4U's advice needs to be reiterated here, along with NewMelle's, below - DO A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP BEFORE USING AN UNINSTALLER.

When going from using a screen recorder mode StreamFab to a direct download version one (and vice versa) it is important to clean everything out. My suggestion is to do a clean installation of the latest StreamFab release, meaning use a "professional Uninstaller" such as Revo, Ashampoo, and many others (Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs) to uninstall SF. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.

1) Delete your StreamFab Log and Temp folders.
              2) Run your uninstaller and remove the existing StreamFab including the registry entries. At one point, it will ask you if you want to save your StreamFab configuration. Say NO. A StreamFab window will come up and ask why you are uninstalling, choose Other.
              3) Start reinstall using latest offline update file. I prefer to get mine from the Sticky at the top of this forum.
              4) A StreamFab popup will ask for your email/password to authorize your StreamFab. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
              5) Ignore all the garbage advertisements. I don't think I have to tell you that.
              6) Reset up your Settings and the GUI the way you want it to look.
              7) It is always best to close and then open StreamFab at this point.
              8) Give StreamFab a try.​

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/youtube-to-mp3-youtube-video-downloader/443367-fully-fixed-amazon-drm-issue-and-latest-netflix-titles-can-be-downloaded-now?p=443487#post443487
              Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-07-2024, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I know it sounds like I'm harping on it but there is one critical step missing from these procedures. DO A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP BEFORE USING AN UNINSTALLER. Uninstallers can break other programs in the process. In the event it does break something else you can revert and the only thing broken then is SF, not a program you rely on and paid good money for.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                  I know it sounds like I'm harping on it but there is one critical step missing from these procedures. DO A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP BEFORE USING AN UNINSTALLER. Uninstallers can break other programs in the process. In the event it does break something else you can revert and the only thing broken then is SF, not a program you rely on and paid good money for.
                  Added this to my post, above, because you can't harp on it enough.

Comment

Luckily, the normal uninstallation and manual deletion of the remaining folders was enough. Downloading subtitles, whether embedded or external, now works perfectly.
                    I generally don't like using external uninstallers and so-called tuning tools because they sometimes delete too much. Often you only notice it later, for example when a program that you rarely use suddenly stops working.​

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

Deleting the "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\ Log" and "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\ Log" folders eliminates quite a few problems for me jumping from version to version (and I've done that a lot in the last several months ).
                      And that assumes you did not move the Log and Temp folders from the default locations to someplace else. Like if using OneDrive, those default folders will constantly be sync'ing, so I moved them to another folder which OneDrive doesn't touch.

Therefore I'd offer suggesting people check under Settings in SF to make note of where their log and temp folders are... then go delete them.

I added this to the FAQ -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...495#post440495

Comment

Good point KidJoe . I don't use OneDrive on my systems for security reasons but I know people who use it religiously.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not sure if this was even mentioned yet or talked about in some way but is it me or does it seem funny that AS goes down and SF fixes amazon and Netflix at just about the same time?
                          Are they possible all working together now?

Comment

And there was only one gunman in the JFK assassination. The moon landing was faked. OJ didn't do it.

It's already been rumored. I myself would be literally shocked stiff if this were actually the case. There are simply still far too many bugs in 6.1.8.1 for RF to be involved.

However, I don't understand how this is a simple hosting issue either. Until official word comes out I'm afraid the disappearance of RedFox will be a mystery.

Cats4U did a whois before the domain went completely dark and client transfer and update are prohibited meaning no changes or transfers allowed. I suspect they would have updated the DNS to point to a new hosting provider by now.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                              Ok, so I'm not sure if this was even mentioned yet or talked about in some way but is it me or does it seem funny that AS goes down and SF fixes amazon and Netflix at just about the same time?
                              Are they possible all working together now?
                              At one time, not too long ago, folks will remember that I was an advocate for such a merger. I don't think that is what is happening now, nor do I really advocate for it still. Like everyone else, I have my hypothesis on what is going on, but we might as well throw darts at a wall full of possibilities until the truth comes out. In any event, one thing I'd like to see SF do that AS has always done is to release new updates as new features and fixes became available from the Developer. This once-a-week update on Thursday or Friday thing is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

At one time, not too long ago, folks will remember that I was an advocate for such a merger. I don't think that is what is happening now, nor do I really advocate for it still. Like everyone else, I have my hypothesis on what is going on, but we might as well throw darts at a wall full of possibilities until the truth comes out. In any event, one thing I'd like to see SF do that AS has always done is to release new updates as new features and fixes became available from the Developer. This once-a-week update on Thursday or Friday thing is BS.
                                Do you think fab actually cracked the DRM or they purchased it from RF? What worries me is if they purchased it because in such case this DL mode being restored is temporary unless they also purchase the talent to continue to crack new DRM versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X