This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
    I don't know for sure if that's him or not, but it did not seem deceptive to me, as he never said he was Redfox1, and the other poster seemed to know that it was and just thanked him for the post.

That's what I was thinking... if redfox.bz is gone for good, if staff brings it back on a new domain (for example), how would anyone know about it? Anyone could make a site pretending to be them and claim "we're back".
    Because RF is very much the product of the people who've created it, who've been on the forum since before 2016, and who are known to many of us here, so impersonating them on a bogus forum is really not possible. And as the forum is the hallmark of RF, you can't just not provide it.

As for reddit, I have my doubts that the real RF1 would be claiming in January/February that "credit cards are back" as a payment method for "Any stream[sic]", since they aren't. I see one thing that jibes, but more things that don't.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-06-2024, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

When I try to hit their forum I get their forum's color scheme with the error message. So hopefully its just a site issue.

Otherwise, I guess re-encoding for Amazon with SF it is
      The color scheme and error is standard for XenForo forums. I was on another forum last year where the same thing happened and it stayed like that for a while until it completely disappeared. It was a DMCA takedown but i am not saying that's what's going on here.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

The color scheme and error is standard for XenForo forums. I was on another forum last year where the same thing happened and it stayed like that for a while until it completely disappeared. It was a DMCA takedown but i am not saying that's what's going on here.
        Good news DMCA doesn’t apply in any country but the US as far as I know. At this point anyone that does business there for stuff like this is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
          What's available for discs other than DVDFab? MakeMKV, and anything else?

Does DVDFab and/or MakeMKV crack AACS remotely like AnyDVD does? (I.e., can encrypted ISO's be mounted and decrypted with Fab/MakeMKV?)
          For discs, I was using DVDFab's passkey, then doing "move only" no-resize/intact audio with BD-Rebuilder to give me a very nice x265 MKV. BUT I've since switched to MakeMKV to rip movie only to MKV, and then run the MKV through NVENCCRE which is included with BD-Rebuilder if I need to lower the bitrate on 4K's for my Roku Ultras to play back (NVENCCRE is a front end built by the author of BD-Rebuilder for NVEnc by Rigya).

EDIT: the firmware needed for my model LG burner to work with MakeMKV doesn't work with FAB. So I really don't use DVDFab or Passkey.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            For discs, I was using DVDFab's passkey, then doing "move only" no-resize/intact audio with BD-Rebuilder to give me a very nice x265 MKV. BUT I've since switched to MakeMKV to rip movie only to MKV, and then run the MKV through NVENCCRE which is included with BD-Rebuilder if I need to lower the bitrate on 4K's for my Roku Ultras to play back (NVENCCRE is a front end built by the author of BD-Rebuilder for NVEnc by Rigya).

EDIT: the firmware needed for my model LG burner to work with MakeMKV doesn't work with FAB. So I really don't use DVDFab or Passkey.
            Same

Comment

If this is in fact a server seizure would they go after the users?

Comment

Does anyone actually believe that they just closed up shop with no notice? This is being indicated by one user on reddit. I doubt this is true but if it is, this person is saying it was planned since the end of last year. I cant imagine it wouldnt have been all over the internet before now right?

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
                  Except that's not RedFox1 - whatever he claims to be. No-Passenger9208 is the one making that assumption, no idea what they base it on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	redfox1_2.png Views:	1 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	443362

Alan1476 is saying he isn't Redfox1 in the Reddit thread. Make of that what you will.

Comment

There is no way that that guy is RedFox1. That guy is an Alan. Everyone knows that RedFox1 is a Dick.

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      There is no way that that guy is RedFox1. That guy is an Alan. Everyone knows that RedFox1 is a Dick.

Doh!
                      Be nice Cats4U. That's not like you to be so vengeful, and as a matter of fact when your mind thinks like that it's very bad for your brain and the way you think. I learned that in Psych 101.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                        Does anyone actually believe that they just closed up shop with no notice? This is being indicated by one user on reddit. I doubt this is true but if it is, this person is saying it was planned since the end of last year. I can't imagine it wouldn't have been all over the internet before now right?
                        I think we will wake up tomorrow and all will be well in the world again. I have to join that forum, I do read it, but I never have much to say.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Doh!
                          LOL!

Comment

Holy shit guys!

Looks like StreamFab came through at the right time...

A little bird told me StreamFab will revert to full download mode for Amazon and Netflix in v6.1.8.1

Netflix is not ALL new titles (Just some) but will be in future releases

Checked my calendar and it's not April 1st soooooo... Fingers crossed
                            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

how accurate is the information? XD
                              if they really put it out NOW (preferably today) that would be a really smart move

but what dvdfab has been doing for the last 4-5 months has not been smart at all.​
                              You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                                Holy shit guys!

Looks like StreamFab came through at the right time...

A little bird told me StreamFab will revert to full download mode for Amazon and Netflix in v6.1.8.1

Netflix is not ALL new titles (Just some) but will be in future releases

Checked my calendar and it's not April 1st soooooo... Fingers crossed
                                I'll stand behind a tree and see. Pardon my skepticism but I've been hearing "fixed soon" for so long the words have completely lost their meaning.

I feel we are beyond just a "fix" after more than four months of crippleware, skirting and dodging. When I paid for a lifetime license it was essentially paying the yearly license ad infinitum for the use of the software I purchased which included free updates with no set version limit. Why else would one pay for a lifetime license?

SF as it exists today is not the software any of us paid for. A shadow of what it once was. I was even bold enough to ask they offer me a lifetime license for another module of my choosing as compensation for the protracted diminished use. I now truly believe the Ferengi exist.
                                Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X