Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunately the suggestion by support to delete the Temp and Log folders then restart sorted the Netflix issue out. I've taken a free trial of a VPN in order to get Season 3 of Manifest which is definitely unavailable in the UK on Netflix.
    Anystream only downloading all Netflix in SD at the moment while Streamfab seems to be 1080 with Manifest so all good there. As I got the VPN I took advantage and also getting Being Erica from Prime which is another show unavailable in the UK - even if you want to purchase its only 2 of the 4 seasons available

Comment

anyone here that redfox anystream shutdown ??

Comment

Originally posted by dpittro View Post
        I have noticed that entire site is down hope it hasn't closed I like having a second option

Comment

Not been working all day. Hope it's temporary. I'm downloading Dallas from SF at the moment and with the processing its taking SF as long to do one episode as AS did for an entire season

Comment

I bet it's a site issue here is hoping I don't like relying on 1 company for downloading

Comment

When I try to hit their forum I get their forum's color scheme with the error message. So hopefully its just a site issue.

Otherwise, I guess re-encoding for Amazon with SF it is

Comment

DNS no longer resolves the hostname (redfox.bz) to an IP. No DNS records. That's the major issue with software that connects to a server to authenticate a license. If the site or authentication server goes down the app is essentially dead. I have DAW plugins like this (some expensive) and I detest this method of licensing for this very reason.

SF uses the same method but with MANY more hosts!

I sincerely hope no-one is tempted to search for a crack. That's a great way to get VD of the PC.

I'm sure the SF staff is throwing a party today. Most likely paid for with our money. I'll be damned if I buy the Disney+ plugin. If this is long term I guess I just cancel the subscription.

[EDIT] It looks like opd.redfox.bz is their authentication server and the last known IP is 45.93.138.193 but adding it to the hosts file did no good as I suspect the service is gone.
                Last edited by NewMelle; 06-05-2024, 04:31 PM.
                Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

yes, if they are really gone and it is not a disturbance. Your money is gone too...

Comment

They will likely have to move their hosting away from Cypress to a country where the US has no business shaking its fist as I suspect their site was decommissioned. This is what I would do anyway.

This would mean a change in IP but fortunately the software uses the hostname to connect to the licensing server rather than a hard-coded IP so it may be restored in the near future.
                    Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Did AS have a discord?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of, just the forums hosted on their domain.

Hmmm.... For some mysterious reason the forums are not sending email notifications any more. Wonder why.

Comment

how are you even getting to the forum? I also doubt they would go dark with zero notice if they didnt plan on coming back online.

Comment

I'm not getting to their forums. redfox.bz has been erased from the net. No DNS records exist for that domain now.

They didn't go dark intentionally. This was likely the doing of fat rich suit and tie D-Heads protecting their profit margins. It takes some real power to disappear a domain completely.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                              I'm not getting to their forums. redfox.bz has been erased from the net. No DNS records exist for that domain now.

They didn't go dark intentionally. This was likely the doing of fat rich suit and tie D-Heads protecting their profit margins. It takes some real power to disappear a domain completely.
                              is AS software still running ?? can you still download from Amazon & such ??
                              i noticed the website went down last night i thought maybe website was doing maintenance or something and it's still down.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

looks like i found my answer, found a reddit thread saying the app cannot start.

Comment

Working...
                                X