X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    Holy shit guys!

Looks like StreamFab came through at the right time...

A little bird told me StreamFab will revert to full download mode for Amazon and Netflix in v6.1.8.1

Netflix is not ALL new titles (Just some) but will be in future releases

Checked my calendar and it's not April 1st soooooo... Fingers crossed
    This would be impecable timing if redfox is truly just gone.

Comment

Holy shit guys!

Looks like StreamFab came through at the right time...

A little bird told me StreamFab will revert to full download mode for Amazon and Netflix in v6.1.8.1

Netflix is not ALL new titles (Just some) but will be in future releases

Checked my calendar and it's not April 1st soooooo... Fingers crossed
      I did see that Wilson posted something about this earlier including a list of all of the fixes, but it was immediately deleted. Maybe it will reappear when the next release is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

I'll stand behind a tree and see. Pardon my skepticism but I've been hearing "fixed soon" for so long the words have completely lost their meaning.

I feel we are beyond just a "fix" after more than four months of crippleware, skirting and dodging. When I paid for a lifetime license it was essentially paying the yearly license ad infinitum for the use of the software I purchased which included free updates with no set version limit. Why else would one pay for a lifetime license?

SF as it exists today is not the software any of us paid for. A shadow of what it once was. I was even bold enough to ask they offer me a lifetime license for another module of my choosing as compensation for the protracted diminished use. I now truly believe the Ferengi exist.
        Hey i am as jaded as you my friend. The messages in the zoom chat have me very, very skeptical but, this little bird is actually a draft post titled Fully Fixed Amazon DRM Issue and Latest Netflix Titles can be Downloaded Now!

It has text that says Amazon Fully Working and there is a list of Netflix new titles that can be downloaded in 1080p H264, H265 HDR and H265 DV

There is even a screenshot of Atlas (The J-Lo Movie) being downloaded in 1080p.

Apparently it is still being tested (What??? Since when do they test releases??? Total shock on my part!!!) and this is in anticipation of the 6.1.8.1 release.

If this turns out to be true, that is a huge thing. We have (rightfully) been ragging on them for their inability to crack Amazon and not doing anything about other modules that are way easier to crack but they still had some stuff that was better than AS. SF was still able to DL older Netflix content at 1080p when AS could only muster 540p.

I think that's just because they are able to use multiple CDMs within the same release but for all the drawbacks of this cobbled together FOSS+Proprietary, that might be the one good thing.

Now, will 6.1.8.1 be released tomorrow or next week, i don't know. But with the uncertainty of WTF is going on with AS/RF, i will keep hope alive that this great news is not yet another total letdown
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Hey i am as jaded as you my friend. The messages in the zoom chat have me very, very skeptical but, this little bird is actually a draft post titled Fully Fixed Amazon DRM Issue and Latest Netflix Titles can be Downloaded Now!

It has text that says Amazon Fully Working and there is a list of Netflix new titles that can be downloaded in 1080p H264, H265 HDR and H265 DV

Apparently it is still being tested (What??? Since when do they test releases??? Total shock on my part!!!) and this is in anticipation of the 6.1.8.1 release.

If this turns out to be true, that is a huge thing. We have (rightfully) been ragging on them for their inability to crack Amazon and not doing anything about other modules that are way easier to crack but they still had some stuff that was better than AS. SF was still able to DL older Netflix content at 1080p when AS could only muster 540p.

I think that's just because they are able to use multiple CDMs within the same release but for all the drawbacks of this cobbled together FOSS+Proprietary, that might be the one good thing.

Now, will 6.1.8.1 be released tomorrow or next week, i don't know. But with the uncertainty of WTF is going on with AS/RF, i will keep hope alive that this great news is not yet another total letdown
          from your mouth to God's ears my friend. Cheers!

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong, my fingers are crossed as tight as yours. If they want it truly tested they would be doing themselves a favor by posting a link to the Beta/Test version. We'll do the rest! If there's one thing I'm good at it is beating the crap out of software.

Up until Jan 25th I had no real issues with SF as it simply worked. Sure I'd like to see it restored to its former glory.

The AS/RF issue is a shame. At the very least I hope they set up a new license server and leak the IP. It's nothing to edit the hosts file to add an entry. No DNS required.

Code:
            178.175.131.1 opd.redfox.bz
            Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Let's be optimists for once, sceptical optimists. But it would be strange if SF, after all this time, got back on its feet at the exact moment when AS suddenly sank into a hole. And I just transferred Bitcoin last weekend... But I remember reading somewhere 10 or 14 days ago that Amazon should be working again on SF at the beginning of June. I'm curious to see if miracles really do still happen.

Comment

I wouldn’t write the AS team off yet I would say early next week if we haven’t heard anything then maybe they are finished. It would be nice though to at least get some word from them what’s going on.

Comment

I'm not writing them off. I really hope they're back soon. It's just a strange coincidence.

Comment

*IF* this comes true, it would be amazing!! I'm cautiously optimistic. And have my fingers crossed.

IF they were working on this the entire time, and actually finally have it fixed, that would be a major relief. And at the same time hopefully they can learn from the crappy and lack of communication these past few months for the future to prevent aggravating their customer base.

Comment

Originally posted by dasauge View Post
                      I'm not writing them off. I really hope they're back soon. It's just a strange coincidence.
                      agreed, it would be very strange and offer some credence to what one of the Reddit posters said. They were planning to close since the end of last year. Maybe they merged?

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

agreed, it would be very strange and offer some credence to what one of the Reddit posters said. They were planning to close since the end of last year. Maybe they merged?
                        I doubt RF would stoop that low.
                        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

I also doubt they would take the money and run. If that was the plan, then they wouldn't have sunset the lifetime.

People may think that way because of the whole crypto only thing but i really don't think this outage is intentional on their part
                          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Makes some sense though. I'm guessing SF was the more popular. If as has been commented here many times that SF lives off the capabilities of others, this may have been in discussions for some time. The longer SF limped along without the DRM fix, the more leverage AS had. The combining of the two makes the best product and has the brightest future. Also, the timing of AS going down and the supposed eminent release of an SF fix can't be ignored.

If they reported this upfront, you would have a bunch of AS supporters wanting a free SF license (if they didn't already have one). Best to just disappear with no word. I wouldn't be surprised if SF switched to a subscription model, as well, going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post
                              Makes some sense though. I'm guessing SF was the more popular. If as has been commented here many times that SF lives off the capabilities of others, this may have been in discussions for some time. The longer SF limped along without the DRM fix, the more leverage AS had. The combining of the two makes the best product and has the brightest future. Also, the timing of AS going down and the supposed eminent release of an SF fix can't be ignored.

If they reported this upfront, you would have a bunch of AS supporters wanting a free SF license (if they didn't already have one). Best to just disappear with no word. I wouldn't be surprised if SF switched to a subscription model, as well, going forward.
                              If this makes sense, then I have to question why RF1 openly and consistently bashed SF, never considered it competition, and their general user community looked at SF with distain and as a joke.

I mean I guess if AS is gone and SF is the only game in town that works, there might be converts, but how many?

And RF shutting down also eliminates their DISC based products like AnyDVD. I mean I guess Fab has Passkey that could use improvements? And physical media isn't as readily available.

So I don't expect a merger, or such.

Whatever the case I hope SF gets a fix that eliminates the need for re-ecoding, Max new content doesn't give a "Upgraded DRM" pop up and 720p limit, and AS either comes back or we know the real story.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

If anything AS would absorb SF as AS development is leaps an bounds ahead of SF. We would see a complete re-vamping of SF and much of it would then actually work. You would also likely see a single license fee for all the included modules instead of the money-hungry fee per module you see now.

I've met some real inbred podunk hillbilly guitar tweaking hacks calling themselves luthiers in my 40 years as a guitar tech and there is no way in hell I'd throw in with them.

As far as subscription goes, I will never again opt for a lifetime license. Unless of course it is Reaper.

I sincerely do hope AS is not gone for good. I don't think I could bring myself to pay SF for the one module that supports the one streamer I don't have one for. Not after the way we've been treated.

One thing I found with AS is maybe the mods can be a little short but when they say they are working on something, THEY ARE.

SF is better advertised. Just look at the header on the VideoHolp forums. Seems they love SF. So much so it's pumped twice.

This forum will help you with all your video and audio questions!

Comment

Working...
                                X