Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post the FEATURE REQUEST or SUGGESTIONS about StreamFab here.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello group,

Would be nice to have an option to NOT DOWNLOAD the Season Trailer. More likely, I think there is a bug in the AUTO RENAMING since it counts it as an EPISODE and rename it EP01. Maybe based on the NAME, the SIZE and or other.

Comment

• Cats4U
      Cats4U commented
      Editing a comment
      The option to NOT DOWNLOAD the Season Trailer is to remove the checkmark next to it. There is no bug.

For StreamFab, may I suggest adding an option to define a different save path for media recorded from "Adult Services" to separate it from the other TV and Movie services?

Most users I imagine would not want adult content to be cataloged and displayed next to their family friendly media. Being able to save to a separate path, even a different drive if desired, would be very helpful.

Thank you.​

Comment

When downloading, eliminate the Analyzing text that appears both during the video/audio download and when finalizing the video.
      1. It makes the important info (download speed, progress, and remaining time) for the current movie or episode extremely difficult to read,
      2. For those of us who are trying to monitor download progress, the flashing text and progress bar can cause eyestrain and headaches.
      3. It adds absolutely no useful information. Displaying the progress bar and numerical data already shows whether the download is progressing or stalled. Otherwise, we can safely assume that StreamFab is doing something useful such as analyzing the current video or audio, or it's attempting to finalize the download.
      Actually, the issue is simply this... Please make the download timeline and text stop flashing!
      Last edited by zapt; 02-10-2024, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
        When downloading, eliminate the Analyzing text that appears both during the video/audio download and when finalizing the video.
        1. It makes the important info (download speed, progress, and remaining time) for the current movie or episode extremely difficult to read,
        2. For those of us who are trying to monitor download progress, the flashing text and progress bar can cause eyestrain and headaches.
        3. It adds absolutely no useful information. Displaying the progress bar and numerical data already shows whether the download is progressing or stalled. Otherwise, we can safely assume that StreamFab is doing something useful such as analyzing the current video or audio, or it's attempting to finalize the download.
        Actually, the issue is simply this... Please make the download timeline and text stop flashing!
        So I don't understand what you mean. There is nothing flashing when downloading!

Comment

Sebastian001 Perhaps it's streaming service specific. But when I'm watching the downloads progress on the Downloading tab for both Netflix and Hulu, the timeline and text above it constantly flash while the explanatory text rapidly switches/strobes between Downloading and Analyzing. It's done this for months for me. (Note that I'm using the Windows version of StreamFab in the US.)

Comment

This probably doesn't belong here, but as cracking DRM may take between days and months a screen or web recording possibility for the time being might be helpful. I see one for IOS but not Windows. I know there exist various Screen recorders out there but when it comes to DRM they record a black square... Any suggestions or alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
              Sebastian001 Perhaps it's streaming service specific. But when I'm watching the downloads progress on the Downloading tab for both Netflix and Hulu, the timeline and text above it constantly flash while the explanatory text rapidly switches/strobes between Downloading and Analyzing. It's done this for months for me. (Note that I'm using the Windows version of StreamFab in the US.)
              Open a new thread and show us what you mean with screenshots

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post
                This probably doesn't belong here, but as cracking DRM may take between days and months a screen or web recording possibility for the time being might be helpful. I see one for IOS but not Windows. I know there exist various Screen recorders out there but when it comes to DRM they record a black square... Any suggestions or alternatives?
                As you say, it doesn't belong here!

Comment

• Cats4U
                  Cats4U commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're too fast for me! <smiley face> (emojis don't work in moderator comments) I was just in the process of copying the message over to the regular StreamFab forum so that users could comment on it.

Due to the DRM change I am using Disney+ downloader much more now (still using StreamFab 6.1.6.1).
                My feature request is, that similar to Amazon downloader I would like the choice whether to download H.264 or H.265 (HEVC) along with the choice of codec specific dimension and bit rate. Sure, I can set H.265 in the VIP settings and it will download HEVC if available, but the choice of bit rates still seems to correspond to the H.264 codec whch does not correspond to the bitrate in regard to HEVC.

Comment

• Cats4U
                  Cats4U commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's all in the works already. Everything will be Amazon-like with even more additional features beyond that. Planned, designed, but not yet implemented,

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but I believe that some sites simply don't allow downloads at higher resolutions. However, I know someone has figured out how to get 4K HDR with 7.1 Atmos video from these services anyway. I'm not sure how they did it, but I think they've tricked their service into thinking they are streaming to a smart TV. I would guess that this would be real-time (slow) but at a much higher quality than what Fab offers. Can Fab do the same (after they've tackled the current pressing issue)?

Comment

• Cats4U
                  Cats4U commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're talking about the Scene. No, StreamFab can not do the same. The Scene relies on L1 hardware connections that they have somehow obtained.

I've not heard of The Scene, I suspect that is by design.

Comment

Because you support German TLC (tlc.de) with the YouTube Downloader, could you then take a look at the American TLC?

https://go.tlc.com

Comment

Just to drop my 2 cents on here:
                  • All modules should be like the Amazon module where it allows you to select between h264 and h265, CBR and CVBR, audio codec, h264 profile, multiple audio and subtitles regardless if site supported which allow user to switch and select based on results other than going into the Settings to change
                  • Ability to automate the download process whether to pull from search results or add a list of URLs, ranking and selecting the lowest, mid, highest (best) bitrate based on resolution without any user input (for example, 1080p, lowest bitrate, rank 3 from the highest bitrate of 3 available 1080p options - I prefer lowest bitrate)
                  • Ability to select between any, encode and download for video and audio (use Download Report to let users know if encode was used if selected Any when download failed as the first attempt)
                  • Instead of creating a subfolder for each site, we could have a Movies and TV folders. The module in the filename will specify the source to avoid any confusion where it is from
                  • Improve the filename naming - sometimes a 800 or 816p is recognized as 720p instead of 1080p and expand it to other sites/services
                  • Ability to allow users to manage Downloading tab by selecting multiple items than Start All, Pause All or Delete All esp if the user decided to go with specific order or delete a few than deleting all or deleting one by one which is tedious
                  • Utilize polls to get website suggestions and votes to see which is popular and create a pipeline of next site to support

Comment

please consider VUDU and NowTV. vudu will be great to download personal collections as well they offer 1000s of free content to watch with commercials/

Comment

It would be nice in Settings to be able to set the "default upon task completion action", with "Perform previous action" as default, which would behave just as now and retain the setting from the last time, but also "Do nothing", "Exit program", "Hibernate" and "Shut down computer" as other default options. This would get around the annoying problem whereby if you left the product to "Shut down computer" as part of a big download overnight, then several days later you do a quick download, not remembering what you did last time and it shuts your computer down whilst you were in the middle of something.

Comment

Working...
                      X