This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Oh, I vented my frustration in the user center. The message is an automatic one. By banner I meant that they still use this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-17 220759.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	439327
    I understand your frustration completely.

I have made my feelings on this known to them in no uncertain terms as well. False claims such as the attached (clearly states 1080p downloads with no mention of any issues or limitations) is more or less considered false advertising. A falsehood by omission is still a falsehood. The fact it is still offered for sale infuriates me to no end. This means someone else could be spending money on something that isn't working as advertised. To their credit at least there is a trial before you buy and a claim of a 30 day money back guarantee but this takes time and for most time is money.

Additionally, why are the Mods kept in the dark regarding current updates and operational statuses? Seems to me the Mods should have been notified before the rest of us. I got a slightly different response but essentially the same. Hiatus from Mar 18 to Mar 24. This is the second time I've noticed this lack of communication, the fist regarding the release of 6.1.6.9 which the mods were not made aware of.

I've also included the English translation of the banner Sebastian mentioned. Both claims (1080p and "only one in the industry") untrue. I know for a fact the competition works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	incorrect_claims.jpg
Views:	1365
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	439378

Name:	hiatus.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	439379

Name:	english_version.jpg
Views:	1369
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	439380
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

When this banner ad was created, it really was. But that was over a year ago. Now that's no longer true!

Comment

A few years ago, I chose StreamFab after considering the various options. I am now in the hunt for a backup and possibly even an alternative. Time is precious, and I cannot keep on postponing downloads, but the backlog is starting to creep into my hectic schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by giQz View Post
          A few years ago, I chose StreamFab after considering the various options. I am now in the hunt for a backup and possibly even an alternative. Time is precious, and I cannot keep on postponing downloads, but the backlog is starting to creep into my hectic schedule.
          For what it's worth, I'm having enormous fun surfing the Internet Archive and downloading new films and/or upgraded content whilst SF gets through this DRM debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm asking about the "holiday" part. Where exactly did you see this? Give the URL, if possible.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-19 045100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	439417
            Cats4U it's an automated 'out of office' message given when creating a support ticket -as I have just raised!

Perhaps this 'annual work session' is actually code for 'looking for more competent developers who can get us out of this shit hole we've dug for ourselves'...

We can but hope.

Comment

I've been using DVD Fab and all its other parts for years. So I can't complain, I've had my monies worth so to speak. But this is ridiculous that it's taking so long to fix. I have had to purchase from the "competitor" as they seem to have worked it out a long time ago now. Yes, they still have some issues with one of the streaming sites but from what I've tested so far its ALL working.

Comment

This whole situation is sad and, I feel, disrespectful to those who have purchased the product in good faith. Like others, I have purchased these products years ago, and have gotten my fair share of use out of them. I still can't help feeling cheated when I read that they have gone off to an "annual work week." Nothing of the sort should be happening whilst the product is in disrepair. I am currently using the competitor's product for Amazon, but at least SF still works for a lot of sites I have an interest in.
                tl;dr Staff & Devs, fix this crap before your reputations are completely down the drain!

Comment

Same here. I finally gave in and purchased the competition on the last day of their sale. I don't like that it doesn't have bitrate options and it's subscription only, but I can't hold off my downloads indefinitely. For other streamers I still use Streamfab though.

Comment

Could you give the exact URL for this notice? I can't seem to find it, and the Moderators weren't told about it.

I got a similar "annual work session from March 18th to March 24th, 2024" response on a support ticket created from Feedback I submitted from Streamfab about Netflix fails yesterday. Her'e the whole response on that ticket:

" Auto-reply:

Thanks for your message!

All DVDFab staff will be attending our annual work session from March 18th to March 24th, 2024. Please note that there may be delays in email responses during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and greatly appreciate your understanding and support! Thank you.

Regards,
                    DVDFab Support team"

Comment

I am still very confused about what "re-encoding mode" is exactly, or what it does. Can anyone explain? Is it upscaling? (Because that essentially does nothing.) Or is it in the true 1920x1080 resolution, and it's capturing frames?

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
                        I am still very confused about what "re-encoding mode" is exactly, or what it does. Can anyone explain? Is it upscaling? (Because that essentially does nothing.) Or is it in the true 1920x1080 resolution, and it's capturing frames?
                        I write it (what feels like) every day: No upscaling

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                        what was selected is downloaded and if there is no key,
                        simply put, it is played invisibly in fast forward and repackaged.​ {source}

Comment

I already wrote the latest that we have been told in another thread. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...076#post439076

Basically we, the mods, were told that the developer is having problems getting the regular download of Amazon with the new DRM to work. We are supposed to get a new status report on the Amazon fix tomorrow, Friday. Personally, I don't think we'll get a regular version update on Thursday or Friday this week. If we do, I doubt an Amazon fix will be part of it, and I give re-encoding a 70/30 chance that it is removed. Also mentioned was that Netflix would be the next streamer to be worked on. Jack and I feel that if StreamFab's prime competition can't fix Netflix in almost 2 months, we are screwed. I'll spare everyone here my usual rant about hiring new developers. If that doesn't come to pass, I suggest that everyone start thinking about finding alternate sources, whether it be the competition or torrenting/newsgroups. I've already switched almost all of my downloading back to torrenting. I think I only downloaded one video this past week via StreamFab. I have informed Management about this, so they are not in the dark about my feelings about the slowness of this fix. If everything is not back to normal by April 1st, I am going to unsubscribe from all the streamers that I pay for. I think it is ironic that the movie/TV studios force the streamers to change their DRM regularly and that is forcing me to be a full-out torrent pirate where I'm not going to pay anyone anything for their shows. It's a true story that I came over to StreamFab because I was feeling guilty about not paying anyone for what I took via torrenting. Paying streamers gave me a cleaner conscience. Not anymore. My conscience is clean and I have no guilt.
                          Cats4U, I agree with you about dumping streaming and StreamFab. Once again, StreamFab has proven themselves of being genetically incapable of producing a consistently working product. But your alternative would be to return to torrenting. My alternative is to return to physical media. Other than convenience, I really never liked streaming! In every respect other than convenience, physical media is far superior:

1. Both video and sound are consistently superior on physical media.
                          2. The streaming services have total control over the availabilty of movies and series. They decide when a movie or series is no longer available. With physical media, it's yours forever.
                          3. A large number of movies and series available on physical media, are unavailable on streaming. Examples are Holocaust, the aclaimed 1978 mini series that launched the careers of a number of major stars (Meryl Streep, Michael Moriarty, James Woods, Joseph Bottoms, Michael Beck) as well as featuring several already major stars such as Fritz Weaver and Sam Wanamaker, is available oon DVD and Blue Ray but is still unavailable on streaming. The Abyss and China Syndrome have just been made available on streaming.
                          4. Some TV series on streaming have missing episodes such as L.A. Law and and Newhart, which has arguably the finest final episode in TV history is missing from the streaming version.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieT View Post

Cats4U, I agree with you about dumping streaming and StreamFab. Once again, StreamFab has proven themselves of being genetically incapable of producing a consistently working product. But your alternative would be to return to torrenting. My alternative is to return to physical media. Other than convenience, I really never liked streaming! In every respect other than convenience, physical media is far superior:

1. Both video and sound are consistently superior on physical media.
                            2. The streaming services have total control over the availabilty of movies and series. They decide when a movie or series is no longer available. With physical media, it's yours forever.
                            3. A large number of movies and series available on physical media, are unavailable on streaming. Examples are Holocaust, the aclaimed 1978 mini series that launched the careers of a number of major stars (Meryl Streep, Michael Moriarty, James Woods, Joseph Bottoms, Michael Beck) as well as featuring several already major stars such as Fritz Weaver and Sam Wanamaker, is available oon DVD and Blue Ray but is still unavailable on streaming. The Abyss and China Syndrome have just been made available on streaming.
                            4. Some TV series on streaming have missing episodes such as L.A. Law and and Newhart, which has arguably the finest final episode in TV history is missing from the streaming version.
                            archive.org has Holocaust 1978 TV Series - https://archive.org/details/holocaus...ion-miniseries

Comment

Recorded "Holocaust" some months ago from linear TV. For me, it's always a source for finding series and movies that are otherwise unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                                I write it (what feels like) every day: No upscaling

Sorry about that. Thanks very much for explaining it yet again to someone who asked.

That can actually be a pretty decent fix ("WEB-RIP" instead of "WEB-DL"), however the user needs to be able to have SOME control over the quality of the encoding (bitrate, etc.) for it to be a fully usable solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X