X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
    create process failed: code 740
    The requested operation requires elevation

So that is something new...still doesn;t work but maybe that tells you something else.
    I looked around a bit, but no road you haven't been down already...
    mostly stuff like install as admin, requires admin rights, av software, yada, yada, yada.

Comment

This doesn't look right "c:\ProgramFiles\DVDFAB8\Dvdfab.exe" in your error message. Check the properties of your desktp icon, the directory in program files should have a space in it: C:\ProgramFiles\DVDFab 8\Dvdfab.exe
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170
        Can you also right click the DVD Fab icon and click run as administrator???
        Also when right clicking Fab and then properties, do you also have an Advanced button to run Fab as administrator by putting a check in the box.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Actually, another space also...

C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\Dvdfab.exe

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          This doesn't look right "c:\ProgramFiles\DVDFAB8\Dvdfab.exe" in your error message. Check the properties of your desktp icon, the directory in program files should have a space in it: C:\ProgramFiles\DVDFab 8\Dvdfab.exe
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

"C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe"

Thats it...it does have a space. I was typing it in so I missed the space before. Above is a copy and paste of what it is. I was more concerned by the code 740 and the part that says requested operation requires elevation

The run as admin is is and has always been checked

Comment

If you have 8.0.8.2 installed just browse over to the directory in ProgramFiles and double click DVDFab in the file list and see if it will run that way.

Albert Einstein

Comment

No it will not run that way either.

I am actually trying to find the answer or get help on Windows/Microsoft help dept. so we shall see.....not sure what my options are

Comment

Well that's it for me, short of reformatting and installing your OS I don't have any other ideas. Maybe MalWare bytes scan.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Me too. I'm absolutely stumped by what is going on.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Well that's it for me, short of reformatting and installing your OS I don't have any other ideas. Maybe MalWare bytes scan.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My money is on a windows update.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Maybe IE9 is installed on these computers that have the problems

Comment

I think somewhere in this thread he rolled back to IE8...

Comment

Did you see

I just saw numerous people having the same issue as I am....

So Maybe it's not what I am doing...

Comment

This is one of the threads I found. Seems like a couple of these people are having the exact same issue as me

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170,

Could you please try DVDFab v8083 to see the result?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
                                Fengtao
                                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                                X