This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Qt versions

I have been unable to get any of the QT versions to complete installs on any of my 3 XP sp3 systems. The non QT versions install and run just fine but the QT versions do not complete the install. File size is correct but they hang on the finalization. It drives cpu usage up to 100%. If I do get past the final screen, DVD Fab will say it's running(task Manager) but never opens and the cpu usage remains at 50% unless I kill it in task manager. Even running in compatability mode for Windows 98 has no effect.

I have a Windows 7 64bit box and the QT versions install and run as normal as well as the non QT versions.

All three of the XPsp3 systems are of identical builds with hardware and software. One is a test bed that is a clean install of XP sp3 with all updates but nothing extra but the QT versions will not run on it as well. All three XP sp3 builds contain an Asus p4c800e deluxe mb with 3 Gigs of Corsair extreme modules, Intel 3.4 EE processors, Seagate Barracuda 500gb drives, Nvidia 7800GSOC video cards, Plextor 716a drives and 650watt power supplies.

All antivirus (Norton 2011) have been turned off but to no avail. The test bed has no antivirus because I don't take it online but have the same issues as the other two XP sp3 units.

I had the same problem that you are having. I tried for a week with comments from all staff persons with no luck, I had to do a clean Operation System reinstall and then I got it to run. Question do you have any Roxio products on your system? I did and I think some of them caused problems but even after removing them I still couldn't get it to run. Works now after taking a day to reinstall all.

Comment

Originally posted by burgman88 View Post
      I had the same problem that you are having. I tried for a week with comments from all staff persons with no luck, I had to do a clean Operation System reinstall and then I got it to run. Question do you have any Roxio products on your system? I did and I think some of them caused problems but even after removing them I still couldn't get it to run. Works now after taking a day to reinstall all.
      No, I don't have any Roxio software installed and my test bed has none at all and is a fresh install of the OS. The other systems have Nero and the Windows 7 box has Nero as well. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just kinda stuck because the problem is only with the QT versions on the XP sp3 computers.

Comment

I tried for a week with comments from all staff persons with no luck
        That is totally incorrect as only one DVDFab staff replied and that was fengtao DVDFab Architect. As for forum staff only 2 replied so not All Staff Persons replied.

If you have Roxio installed then a Filter could have been the cause for the problem but with out a Filter load order list have no idea. Since you did a OS reinstall which by the way was not needed you no longer have the filter list that may of been problem

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          That is totally incorrect as only one DVDFab staff replied and that was fengtao DVDFab Architect. As for forum staff only 2 replied so not All Staff Persons replied.

If you have Roxio installed then a Filter could have been the cause for the problem but with out a Filter load order list have no idea. Since you did a OS reinstall which by the way was not needed you no longer have the filter list that may of been problem
          I removed all of the Roxio filters and still I couldn't get the QT version to run! So the people who responded to me don't work for this web site? Then why do they have monitor status? The response I got were from Fendago and his monitors so don't make a big issue out of my comment! I was left hanging after sending in two logs and several responses and nobody got back to me on what to do next so I did the clean install after waiting! After removing all of the Roxio stuff I executed DVDFab QT and did a properties on the running program and it still show it was linking to a Roxio product that was removed from the system and from the register. I uninstalled QT 4 times and reinstall it and still got the same results so figure that one out?

The issue is resolved now after I took the time to resolve it myself. Like I said I had prior versions of DVDFAb loaded on my system from version DVDFab 5 up to DVDFAB 8 and there was old entries left in my register that were unable to be removed from my register and the clean install worked. I took QT version to another machine that never had DVDFab loaded nor any Roxio products and it loaded and ran with no problems. Another machine I tried and I had DVDfab products loaded there and it would run, so I got a good register program and removed all prior DVDFab files and then it ran!
          Last edited by burgman88; 05-16-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

So, any thought as to why I'm having the issue on my XP sp3 units, especially the fresh OS install on my test bed box?

Comment

Hi -- I've not posted in a while so hope this might help.

Have you tried doing a clean install of DVD Fab qt and also running somthing like CCleaner ?

CCleaner is a great utility to clean out the rubbish on your PC and in particular delete any offending registry keys.

I've found in the past with many software apps that even when you un-install or install new versions then sometimes registry keys can be left.

I would recommend Unistall -- run CCleaner -- both the "Cleaner" part and also the "Registry" part and then try again.

I also run Win XP sp 3 and have not found a problem with the qt versions.

Hope this helps

Asbac

Comment

Originally posted by Asbac View Post

Have you tried doing a clean install of DVD Fab qt and also running somthing like CCleaner ?

CCleaner is a great utility to clean out the rubbish on your PC and in particular delete any offending registry keys.

I've found in the past with many software apps that even when you un-install or install new versions then sometimes registry keys can be left.

I would recommend Unistall -- run CCleaner -- both the "Cleaner" part and also the "Registry" part and then try again.

Hope this helps

Asbac
                Make sure you download CCEnhance because CCleaner doen't remove all. Thats why they came out with cthe CCenhance add on.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankster91 View Post
                  So, any thought as to why I'm having the issue on my XP sp3 units, especially the fresh OS install on my test bed box?
                  You said you did a clean install of the operating system? Did you reformat the hard drive when you installed the new operating system or did you just try and run the install of the O/S over the old one? I did a reformat of the drive and installed Windows XP Pro SP2 then I installed the new QT version and executed it and it ran I then added SP3 and it still ran with no problems.

Comment

What version of XP? If it is that "Home" sh1t, that most probably is the cause because of insufficient rights, etc, yada, yada, yada....

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Windows XP? Do not take this as being rude but your best bet is to update to a version of Windows that is still supported (mainstream) and is less than a decade old.

Comment

Sorry GregiBoy, I forgot to mention that all three computers are running the PRO version of XP with SP3.

I have a few Windows 7 rigs that do not have this issue. My XP rigs have this issue with only the QT versions. The non-QT versions run just fine on them.
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 11:33 PM. Reason: two post merged

Comment

You said you did a clean install of the operating system? Did you reformat the hard drive when you installed the new operating system or did you just try and run the install of the O/S over the old one? I did a reformat of the drive and installed Windows XP Pro SP2 then I installed the new QT version and executed it and it ran I then added SP3 and it still ran with no problems.
                          Yes, the test rig is a comlete format and install. When I had issues with the other two XP rigs is when I tried it on the test rig that DVD Fab had never been installed on before but had the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Asbac View Post

Hope this helps

Asbac
                            Asbac, yes, I use CCleaner and its a very good program. I do not have it on my test rig because it's clean and has no extra software installed. I use it only if I have issues on my other systems as is the case with the QT versions of DVD Fab. I do reformat it often and do fresh installs of the OS just for testing things. Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

Make sure you download CCEnhance because CCleaner doen't remove all. Thats why they came out with cthe CCenhance add on.
                              Yes, I use that as well. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X