X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Streaky View Post

But not for the Mac...
    Did i say anything about a Mac? Is there a 6.1.8.2 Mac version as of today? I happen to know NewMelle is using Windows
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I tried downloading 47 meters down uncaged with the latest version and I keep getting a analyze error.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Netflix is fully fixed in 6.1.8.2. I have yet to find a new title that doesn't work in FHD
        Channel 4 module seems to be working fine too + Amazon.

Comment

I tried downloading Dark on Netflix last night, but it just kept analysing for ever.

Comment

I tried downloading Dark on Netflix last night, but it just kept analysing for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Exxar View Post
              Uninstalling SF with Total Uninstall and re-installing SF fixed that.

Comment

Did i say anything about a Mac? Is there a 6.1.8.2 Mac version as of today? I happen to know NewMelle is using Windows
                No you did not, nor do I suggest you did. Just nudging anyone who needs nudging not to forget about us Mac users. It's not all about you unfortunate Windoze users!

Comment

Guys, it's no worries here.

I use Windoze simply because I won't pay exorbitant prices for hardware and software and as I've had to support Windoze since version 1.02 (yes, 1.02 actually existed in direct competition with DESQView, before OS/2) I am fairly familiar with it.
                  Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                    Guys, it's no worries here.

I use Windoze simply because I won't pay exorbitant prices for hardware and software and as I've had to support Windoze since version 1.02 (yes, 1.02 actually existed in direct competition with DESQView, before OS/2) I am fairly familiar with it.
                    Holy shit i forgot about OS/2! I am so old. I actually liked OS/2 Warp

What truly makes me feel old is when i moved last time, i found a hole puncher for 3.5" Floppy Disks. It would turn a 720k Floppy into a 1.44MB and i was so excited!

Code:
                    10 CLS
                    20 PRINT "I am so smart!"
                    30 GOTO 20

Comment

We lived in the same world. You're an old fart, too, I see. Those were the days. Windows was useless until Windows 386. DESQView was the way to go. I used it briefly for a multi-line BBS until I switched to TBBS which was natively multi-line. Windows 95 was a joke compared to OS/2. I never went beyond OS/2 Warp 3. I switched to Windows NT and have been with them pretty much every alternate version since. I'm running Win10. Screw Windows 11. When Windows 12 comes out, I'll wait a year and then think about getting it.

Comment

Holy shit i forgot about OS/2! I am so old. I actually liked OS/2 Warp

What truly makes me feel old is when i moved last time, i found a hole puncher for 3.5" Floppy Disks. It would turn a 720k Floppy into a 1.44MB and i was so excited!

Code:
                        10 CLS
                        20 PRINT "I am so smart!"
                        30 GOTO 20
                        Let's not forget "Hello World!"

Did the same with 5-1/4" floppies myself for the Commodore. I just gave it away in January when we moved along with the original monitor, 1200 baud modem, floppy drive, single button joystick and about 500 disks. It was with that very system I first surfed the web dialing into a friend's Amiga tied to UMSL.

load $
                        load term
                        ATDT
                        etc.

Old fart, guilty as charged. I really liked DESQView and I used it for a two line BBS as well.

I remember a day long before this Plug-N-Play when you had to set the IRQ, DMA and base address for an adapter with a multitude of jumpers in a complex array and no IRQ, DMA or base address could be shared among adapters. Same with motherboards that supported more than one CPU. Jumper city. AND you had to configure the text files autoexec.bat and config.sys (with LOADHIGH). Kids these days slap a PC together in an hour and think "I'm so tech savvy!"
                        Last edited by NewMelle; 06-12-2024, 05:32 PM.
                        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

We lived in the same world. You're an old fart, too, I see. Those were the days. Windows was useless until Windows 386. DESQView was the way to go. I used it briefly for a multi-line BBS until I switched to TBBS which was natively multi-line. Windows 95 was a joke compared to OS/2. I never went beyond OS/2 Warp 3. I switched to Windows NT and have been with them pretty much every alternate version since. I'm running Win10. Screw Windows 11. When Windows 12 comes out, I'll wait a year and then think about getting it.
                          I still look back on DOS with a great deal of affection...

Comment

Let's not forget "Hello World!"

Did the same with 5-1/4" floppies myself for the Commodore. I just gave it away in January when we moved along with the original monitor, 1200 baud modem, floppy drive, single button joystick and about 500 disks. It was with that very system I first surfed the web dialing into a friend's Amiga tied to UMSL.

load $
                            load term
                            ATDT
                            etc.

Old fart, guilty as charged. I really liked DESQView and I used it for a two line BBS as well.

I remember a day long before this Plug-N-Play when you had to set the IRQ, DMA and base address for an adapter with a multitude of jumpers in a complex array and no IRQ, DMA or base address could be shared among adapters. Same with motherboards that supported more than one CPU. Jumper city. AND you had to configure the text files autoexec.bat and config.sys (with LOADHIGH). Kids these days slap a PC together in an hour and think "I'm so tech savvy!"
                            I might be second generation IT but i remember the IRQ days as well, and trying to find drivers for stuff that didnt have one was like pulling teeth. You had to install the driver first and then shutdown, install the hardware, set the irq in the cmos, and then boot into windows. Those were the days for me though. The kids these days dont know how easy they have it, single button click instant gratification. Anyone remember logowriter on the apple II gs? The turtle draws a circle and then essentially craps the color of your choosing into it, did more then that but thats my fondest memory of it using it in school. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

I might be second generation IT but i remember the IRQ days as well, and trying to find drivers for stuff that didnt have one was like pulling teeth. You had to install the driver first and then shutdown, install the hardware, set the irq in the cmos, and then boot into windows. Those were the days for me though. The kids these days dont know how easy they have it, single button click instant gratification. Anyone remember logowriter on the apple II gs? The turtle draws a circle and then essentially craps the color of your choosing into it, did more then that but thats my fondest memory of it using it in school. Good times.
                              You've brought back so much trauma. Don't forget, the internet wasn't a thing. There was no Google to help you. I do however have a fondness for Logo the turtle. Thanks for bringing some joy to my day.

Comment

Originally posted by travelar View Post

You've brought back so much trauma. Don't forget, the internet wasn't a thing. There was no Google to help you. I do however have a fondness for Logo the turtle. Thanks for bringing some joy to my day.
                                Alta Vista? Lycos? Excite? Ask Jeeves? My go to was Northern Light. I thought it was so good!

Comment

Working...
                                X