Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post the FEATURE REQUEST or SUGGESTIONS about StreamFab here.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steamheaduk View Post
    It would be nice in Settings to be able to set the "default upon task completion action", with "Perform previous action" as default, which would behave just as now and retain the setting from the last time, but also "Do nothing", "Exit program", "Hibernate" and "Shut down computer" as other default options. This would get around the annoying problem whereby if you left the product to "Shut down computer" as part of a big download overnight, then several days later you do a quick download, not remembering what you did last time and it shuts your computer down whilst you were in the middle of something.
    I had that too - also very annoying is however, that when you manually cancel a one and only download it also performes the "task completion action" such as shutdown...

Comment

I am using austrian VOD platform www.watchaut.film . Latest streamfab 6.1.7.2 can not download from this platform ( the previous versions since the DRM key change also not). Can you add this platform ?
      Example : https://watchaut.film/oe-film/verkaufte-heimat-teil-1

Comment

Naver - https://tv.naver.com/

Comment

I haven't made any requests in a while, but something I've been thinking about is...

Feature request:

Have StreamFab write to a running log/report file for the user, a list of successful downloads.

It should contain Title of Movie downloaded, from what service, date of download, video codec, video resolution (480p/720p/1080p), audio codec (could be tricky if more than one audio stream). Optionally the URL of the movie, and if available the movie's release year.

StreamFab should already have all this information. The movie Name, video codec, resolution, and audio codec could be as simple as the values displayed on the download progress dialog. The service is known, and must have the URL to be able to download it.

Save it as a CSV file, excel file, etc. Something that could be opened easily as a table by a non-technical user. For example, saving as JSON would not be easy for a non-technical user to open and use. If saved as CSV, be aware that some movies might have a comma in their names, so delimiter would need to be more than comma. I've seen some CSVs use quotes around text and comma to signify next column... such as "movie title","resolution","audio", and I've seen custom delimiters like ~x~ used example: movie tite~x~resolution~x~audio

All this information may be potentially found in the current logs, but those logs are for the developer and contain way too much, includes failures, and is not formatted for easy consumption by a user. I'm thinking of a report for the user, something they could look back at over time to see what they've downloaded, when, and from where.
          Last edited by KidJoe; 04-13-2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Is there any good reason why MPD DRM is not available for iMac? When will ViX.com be added to the supported websites list?

Comment

First of all, I hope you will solve the DRM problem. I'm looking forward to it being resolved. Before the DRM problem appeared, I could download 1080p from the noorplay site with DRM MPD, but the sound quality was available as 64kbps and 128kbps, it was automatically downloading 64kbps, it would be great if you solve this problem as well. Even if it is not an option, downloading quality audio will be enough. Thank you from now

Comment

Make StreamFab offline installer compatible with Windows virtual drive letters.

The StreamFab offline installer (streamfab_x64_nnnn.exe) will not run from a virtual path. The StreamFab program runs fine and works with virtual paths for its data folders, but the installer will not run. I am referring to a path where the drive is a virtual DOS drive mapped by the Windows 10/DOS command SUBST.EXE. At startup I map a folder in my Documents folder to drive letter P with this command:

subst p: c:\users\user1\documents\afolder

If I download the installer to a subfolder "dvdfab" of that location, it will not run if invoked as

p:\dvdfab\streamfab_x64_nnnn.exe

but it will run if invoked as

c:\users\user1\documents\afolder\dvdfab\streamfab_ x64_nnnn.exe

The popup error message is "The specified path does not exist."

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Specified path does not exist.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	441166

Comment

Working...
                X