This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Glad to see some agreement with my sentiments about Hurt Locker, I thought it was just me. Dull despite all the action. Terrible. Boondock Saints II was better than I expected. Just got Blind Side and Brothers today. I think Star Trek did get an Oscar for something--maybe makeup. A great flick, and as noted the casting was amazing. All the characters were recognizeable as their younger selves. I gave it 3.8 out of a possible 5.2 stars (unusual rating system due to late discovery of movies better than the previous 5.0).

I am glad others view my opinion, with regards to The Hurt Locker. No pun intended, with regards to the name of this flick. The reason why I dislike the movie so much is that it depicts this break down in the US military command structure. Why is it that alot of these military type movies always have soldiers acting like teenagers. Remeber Jarhead. What a load a bunk. I am sorry but are you telling me that every soldier in the middle east operates in this fashion. Hmmm! I find it very unlikely. Should of had a decent actor in it. Look at Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge or for the older crew Kelly's Heroes. Good military movies. IMO

Star trek great movie. I am not a real sci-fi buff, but this movie makes you want to be.

Comment

I have not even bothered to waste my money on seeing Hurt Locker as all it is to me is another war movie that has been played out too much

Comment

Just watched Brothers. Very disturbing, did not enjoy. Full of dysfunctional characters. Jake Gyllenhall and Natalie Portman were good, hope Tobey Maguire kept his Spiderman costume. 2.7/5.2.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I watched Everybody's Fine today. Great movie. Nice feel good flick. Is that what I have to look forward to when my guys move out?

Comment

No you have to look forward to them never leaving the house . Check out the movie House Broken with Danny Devito due to be released March 30, 2010. Not a good movie to really buy unless you like Danny Devito

Comment

Just watched Brothers. Very disturbing, did not enjoy. Full of dysfunctional characters. Jake Gyllenhall and Natalie Portman were good, hope Tobey Maguire kept his Spiderman costume. 2.7/5.2.
              That's why they rated it R:
              Rated R for language and some disturbing violent content.

Comment

I think that was the point .... to show how war effects soldiers .... war is disturbing.

I think Maguire did an outstanding job in portraying someone who would have dealt with the emotional stress of being captured, tortured and forced to kill a fellow soldier.

Remember Deer Hunter ?

Brothers was well acted all by all, fine cast and excellent performances, 8 out of 10 !

AX
                Last edited by AlienX69; 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM.
                AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Brothers is a great movie.
                  Realistic, is how i would describe it.
                  I give it at least an 8 out of ten rating.
                  "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Working...
                  X