This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    ALL OF MY COMMENTS are DVD->MOBILE ONLY.
    Ditto

I have absolutely no experience (nor any interest) in the Blu-Ray crap.
    (almost) Ditto. I have just 1 Blu-Ray title against hundreds of DVDs.

Originally posted by signals
    Remember in all your testing that there are 3 settings to control the output framerate, one in the GUI on the Edit page, one in the profile and another in Common Settings. Some can override others, producing unanticipated results
    Yeup... When I talk about trying various framerates, I'm setting them every place I can find them.
    :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post

Yeup... When I talk about trying various framerates, I'm setting them every place I can find them.
      All DVDFab's output content have 23.976 fps framerate. If I'm right in my guess (see my earlier post), and Fab can't read framerate info, setting all defaults and variables to 23.976 will do the trick
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        All DVDFab's output content have 23.976 fps framerate. If I'm right in my guess (see my earlier post), and Fab can't read framerate info, setting all defaults and variables to 23.976 will do the trick
        Hmm, okay, but back back up in post #9, my tests didn't prove that out: (if the frame rate wasn't specified in the title, I didn't touch it anywhere, thus taking the DVDFab default of 23.976fps)
        • Bad, i.e., Audio Sync issues
          • MAX_PAYNE_avi_h264_720x304_Fast_787kbps
          • MAX_PAYNE_avi_h264_720x304_High_1100kbps
          • MAX_PAYNE_avi_h264_848x358_fast_1100kbps_23.976fps
          • MAX_PAYNE_avi_h264_Samsung_720x304_High_1100kbps
          • MAX_PAYNE_mp4_h264_720x304_Fast_787kbps
          • MAX_PAYNE_mp4_h264_720x304_High_1100kbps
        I'm at work now, and my home machine is re-running my previous batch using 6.2.2.2, but I can hunt down the various frame rate variables later tonight and specifically set anything/everything to 23.976fps.

Comment

Hmm, okay, but back back up in post #9, my tests didn't prove that out: (if the frame rate wasn't specified in the title, I didn't touch it anywhere, thus taking the DVDFab default of 23.976fps)
          This is exactly what I'm saying. If your content is, in fact 23.976 and DVDFab is set to 23.976, there maybe a hardcoded conflicting default (in a profile or somewhere else- there were three places identified so far) of say 24fps. Following this default, DVDFab will mux video @ 23.976 and timestamp audio @ 24fps - you will have runaway audio.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

This is exactly what I'm saying. If your content is, in fact 23.976 and DVDFab is set to 23.976, there maybe a hardcoded conflicting default (in a profile or somewhere else- there were three places identified so far) of say 24fps. Following this default, DVDFab will mux video @ 23.976 and timestamp audio @ 24fps - you will have runaway audio.
            Gotcha... I'll check when I get home, or if the current batch gets done before that.

Comment

Follow up question for Signals and IPopov...

How can I tell what the frame rate really should be? If I look at one of the VOBs I'm working from through Windows Explorer/Properties/Details, it's tagged as "29fps". Is that Explorer actually truncating "29.97"?

There is nothing in the INFO section of DVDFab, that only shows the copy protection stats.

I have a quick test running with my test title at 29.97fps. That's something I hadn't done previously.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Best and quickest way is to open file with MediaInfo (a little free program, Google it), it will give you a whole scoop.

Follow up question for Signals and IPopov...

How can I tell what the frame rate really should be? If I look at one of the VOBs I'm working from through Windows Explorer/Properties/Details, it's tagged as "29fps". Is that Explorer actually truncating "29.97"?

There is nothing in the INFO section of DVDFab, that only shows the copy protection stats.

I have a quick test running with my test title at 29.97fps. That's something I hadn't done previously.

Thanks guys.
                sigpic

Comment

@IP

Gotcha again...

It very much depends on where and how the DVD was authored. The world is not just the US!!!!!

In PAL countries such as Oz, 25fps is the norm.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is for DVD to Mobile, not Blu-Ray to Mobile !!!

Further to this, this may be tied in with the fact that you guys are having problems whereas I am not.

I have just done 3 test encodes overnight of my usual "Problem Child", Deja Vu.

I did:-

generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
                    generic.h264.avi.audiocopy
                    generic.h264.mkv.audiocopy

All with the framerate set the "Same as Source" and GPU accel on.

And there is no sync problems with any of them, played on hardware and software players.

I confirmed that the DVD is actually authored at 25fps with MediaInfo and that the resultant files are also.

Can someone please do a similar test with their "Problem Children"?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Best and quickest way is to open file with MediaInfo (a little free program, Google it), it will give you a whole scoop.
                      Done! (thank you)

The VOBs for my problem child are flagged as 23.976fps. But, the IFOs are flagged as 29.970fps. Is that a clue?

I did:-

generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
                      generic.h264.avi.audiocopy
                      generic.h264.mkv.audiocopy

All with the framerate set the "Same as Source" and GPU accel on.

And there is no sync problems with any of them, played on hardware and software players.

I confirmed that the DVD is actually authored at 25fps with MediaInfo and that the resultant files are also.

Can someone please do a similar test with their "Problem Children"?
                      I will set that up when I get home.
                      Last edited by midiwall; 04-30-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

@GregiBoy

No you did not. I will repeat - ALL of my content coming out of DVDFab with 23.976, which lead me to believe that this is defaulted parameter in DVDFab. And saying ALL of my content, I meant all, because I also backing up PAL video (Russian movies).

@IP

Gotcha again...

It very much depends on where and how the DVD was authored. The world is not just the US!!!!!

In PAL countries such as Oz, 25fps is the norm.
                        sigpic

Comment

The VOBs for my problem child are flagged as 23.976fps. But, the IFOs are flagged as 29.970fps. Is that a clue?
                          This is, in fact, a clue... and I'm pretty sure is a problem as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's another wrench... I used MediaInfo with another movie I have copied to HD, Michael Jackson's "This Is It".

There are 4 VOB files, the first three are flagged 29.970fps, the last one is flagged 23.976fps. How will DVDFab (or we) deal with that?

Comment

Oh man, this is Friday night, give us a break
                              Seriously, you saying you've ripped it to HDD. Now, try to do your conversions and see what happened... we'll go from there.
                              But do it with new beta 7.0.5.1 I haven't tried it, but looks like there were serious changes made.

QUOTE=midiwall;34476]Here's another wrench... I used MediaInfo with another movie I have copied to HD, Michael Jackson's "This Is It".

There are 4 VOB files, the first three are flagged 29.970fps, the last one is flagged 23.976fps. How will DVDFab (or we) deal with that?[/QUOTE]
                              sigpic

Comment

HAHAH!

I've only been working from HD these past couple of days, I did that to rule out the variable of the DVD drives. The results back in post #9 were based on HD -> Mobile. I've confirmed that the raw HD rips are all "fine" in regards to audio sync. Then confirmed that again by the one run I did using the "Pass Through" profile to get from 4 VOBs to 1 VOB.

I still have a batch of conversions running with 6.2.2.0, so I'll wait until those are done (just for the sake of knowledge) then I'll install 7.0.5.1 and re-run the batch.

{are we having fun yet?}

Oh man, this is Friday night, give us a break
                                Seriously, you saying you've ripped it to HDD. Now, try to do your conversions and see what happened... we'll go from there.
                                But do it with new beta 7.0.5.1 I haven't tried it, but looks like there were serious changes made.

Here's another wrench... I used MediaInfo with another movie I have copied to HD, Michael Jackson's "This Is It".

There are 4 VOB files, the first three are flagged 29.970fps, the last one is flagged 23.976fps. How will DVDFab (or we) deal with that?

Comment

Working...
                                X