Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see 7075 has been released as a beta and NO, NONE, NADA mention of changes made to fix this issue. We have been waiting months for this to be fixed and NOTHING in this latest release remedies the problem. PM's are answered with "patience we are working on it". Were is the sense of urgency to support the existing install base? It's Blue Ray this and Blue Ray that. How much of the install base even uses blue ray versus Mobile? Really frustrated with the development team.
    Last edited by MRL_DVDFab; 06-24-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Actually, I am seeing this exact same issue with the Blu-Ray to Mobile tool. I just got the capability to scan Blu disks. I am a bit frustrated in that, I had to add 2 modules, which apparently, are not actually working. I am hoping to see this fixed soon as well. I have owned this product for a long time, and they have yet to let me down.

-t

Comment

Originally posted by Doomsday View Post
        I have been doing some tracing on the same issue and I have noticed that the sync issue back before Cuda was enabled while running in XP, but after moving to windows 7 x64 I have been having the issue on pretty much every movie I converted. Some are not bad and others are horable such as Daybreakers was extreemely bad was almost 20 sec off by the end of the movie... Seriously this has to be getting worked on!!!
        First of all, I'd like to say thanks to Ting and Fengtao for the work they've already done. The reason we all use DVDFab is because it's the best out there. Since studios don't care about fair use and are only interested in protecting their assets, having Ting and Fengtao on our side is a good thing.

I've been ripping my DVD library for my Archos 7 player for some time, but like Doomsday, every single movie I've ripped on my new computer has had major audio synch issues. I've tried many different variations (my testing hasn't been very methodical), and nothing seams to work.

The only info I can add to this thread is that some movies worked fine on my old computer (AthlonXP running Windows XP), but my new computer has synch issues with every single movie (Intel Core i7 with Windows 7).

Hope that helps someone much smarter than me to find a solution. Thanks!

-Peter

Comment

Originally posted by calipete View Post

Hope that helps someone much smarter than me to find a solution. Thanks!

-Peter
          Peter,
          It's not your computer have problems with playback, but player that you use and that player's codecs. Please try this player and tell me how it works: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downlo...lassic-hc.html

If your Windows 7 on new machine is 64 bit, please download and install x64 version of it.
          In regards to your videos for mobile device, if all of your movies have a/v sync issue, I would say there's something wrong with conversion settings. For better answer and advice, please post here all your conversion settings (in "edit" window) and MediaInfo for couple of those items. If you don't have MediaInfo, please google, download and install it on your machine. It's a little free and very handy utility.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

iPopov50, have you given up trying to help me understand the av sync issue I am having or have agreed the issue is with Fab? I sent you two additional PM's looking for help that have gone unanswered for a week. Please advise.

Comment

I had the same problem. The audio was consistantly out of synch by the same amount, not the progressive problem that some of the others are having.
              I'm having the same issue as David.

I just purchased DVD to Mobile after upgrading to 7.0.7 as I wanted to put on of my DVDs onto the iPad.

Conversion quality was great, but the Video trails the audio by less than one second.

It's disappointing since i had to pay to upgrade from V5 & 6 to get to this point.

I've been very happy just using DVDFab for backing up my DVDs (making copies & using the copy for playing/the kids etc), but this sync issue needs to be listened to and fixed ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomS View Post
                Actually, I am seeing this exact same issue with the Blu-Ray to Mobile tool. I just got the capability to scan Blu disks. I am a bit frustrated in that, I had to add 2 modules, which apparently, are not actually working. I am hoping to see this fixed soon as well. I have owned this product for a long time, and they have yet to let me down.

-t
                I agree. I've found a slight but annoyingly noticeable av-sync problem on Batman Begins Bluray-Mobile, in addition to the current DVD-Mobile bane of my existence...Bolt.

I've been spending all my time correcting Bolt, but if I solve either one I'll post my solution.

-Wapitikev
                When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

To be quite honest with everyone, I have given up on DVDFab for the time being since we have no idea when these sync issues will be fixed and I now use different software to convert my DVD's.

Comment

293 days and counting since this issue was first reported...

Comment

Please stick to technical issues or your posts will be deleted. If anyone wants to see the date it was started, they can check the date on post #1. If you can't post information that will be helpful to the developers, don't post. I'm sorry some of you are having A/V sync issues, I am not (with DVD to Mobile). The DVDFab staff is aware of the problem and are making every effort to make it work for your player for both DVD and BD conversions.

If the thread ceases to be useful, it will be closed.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, new here and wanted to thank the mod for not locking this thread after-all. Lots of folks follow this and watch hoping to see resolution. Most will probably never post...

The reason I am - I wanted to offer some insight on what solved the problem for me ...

A new DVD drive.

I also was having problem within Windows 7 using my registered version of FAB Platinum 6. I tried other versions, trial 7 is still on this machine, etc. Just bad...

I thought it couldn't be related to the drive. I have a second, identical (low time used, hi-end for their time) Plextor. The spare drive gave the same results. I augmented it today/tonight with an ex-cheap-o liteon and ALL out of my sync problems are gone. Something just doesn't jive with this combination.

I realize there may really be a problem with the program synchronization and won't pretend this is a solution for all users with this problem. It was for me, however.

The huge amount of time wasted is amazing.

But almost as bad ... I also was about to give up on this application, call it bad names, etc. I think most would agree it is better than anything else we've tried.

Even with reasonable troubleshooting, My frustration was directed the wrong way.

I hope this helps someone else...

-Fid

P.S. - Thanks for the effort everyone puts in to develop and support this App and forum. I've learned many things over the years.

Comment

In trying to work around this issue with Blu-Ray content, I tried other formats, and the issue seems to be related to the format. with Blu-Ray->XBox360 WMV format, I saw this almost 100%. By the end of the movie the audio would be almost 1 second off. When I switched to AVI using mp3, it stays in sync, or is just off by a fraction of a second by the end. I don't know if this helps, but it's what I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            Please stick to technical issues or your posts will be deleted. If anyone wants to see the date it was started, they can check the date on post #1. If you can't post information that will be helpful to the developers, don't post. I'm sorry some of you are having A/V sync issues, I am not (with DVD to Mobile). The DVDFab staff is aware of the problem and are making every effort to make it work for your player for both DVD and BD conversions.

If the thread ceases to be useful, it will be closed.
                            Signals,

Please don't delete these posts/lock this thread... I feel this information is useful to the user community as well as to the developers. However, my most recent post was more out of frustration...

Please see a previous post - post 132 - in this thread and you'll see that the 1st post in this thread is not the date that this problem was originally reported. The fact also remains that there were MANY threads - some that were closed/locked - and I think that has lead in part to the fact that it's been so long since this problem was reported and why it has yet to be fixed (though I do understand that currently a re-write is in progress, but it's been 4 months since that update - so I'm not holding my breath)...

This specific thread contains the most details about this problem and really needs to stay active. It will not cease to be useful until the problem is resolved. Keeping it on page 1 of the forum keeps it highly visable so all users can find the known issue and not waste their time ripping known "bad" DVDs or troubleshooting an unfixable problem. There was a previous sticked thread (i think it was this one: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1087) that was also very useful, that that was also locked/closed...

At this point I think the devs have all the info they need - if they don't there are dozens of users who would be more than willing to provide such information (myself included) - had anyone asked...

I'll try not to vent in future posts in this thread...

Thanks...

Comment

I did not close it, I re-opened it, and I sympathize with your frustration. The interests of all will be better served if a thread can be glanced over by the developers to quickly gain an idea of the scope and nature of a problem. This one is already too long for that, but as long as it remains focused on symptoms and information, it will stay open.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As promised, checking back in on the Batman Begins Blu-ray sync issue I was having. My solution was switch to MKV instead of AVI (all other hardware/software and encoding settings were the same).

Still haven't solved the Bolt problem...about 2 minutes in, the video has a noticeable glitch and after that the lips stop matching the sound. In addition, the subtitles go haywire at that point too. The sync timing is the same for the rest of the movie. Have tried single and multiple passes, avi & mkv, playing with the FPS settings (same as source, 23 or 29).

Then there are the Pixar Disney stuff (Toy Story2, Up, etc.). Same process...tried every different setting that has been mentioned but these ones start out in-sync and then are off by almost 10 seconds by the end of the feature.

However, I've just realized that these were all attempted on my laptop...I will try on my bench PC to rule out it being a hardware issue. However, TV episodes encode fine on that laptop.

Will post back with my findings.

-Wapitikev
                                When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X