X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The audio sync problem is everywhere!

Originally posted by DVDFabUser56 View Post
    What's the latest news on this problem, has anyone heard anything from Fengtao because this is a major problem and you shouldn't even be able to purchase a license for this program as it is basically unusable and the comapny shouldn't be making profit on faulty software, I know that there are many other commercial dvd converters out there which don't have features that dvdfab does such as forced subtitles and 2-pass encoding etc. but virtually all of them have listed on their website the following point 'Perfect and guaranteed video/audio synchronization' don't you just wish that was the case with DVDFab? This problem has been around for far too long and I want to know when this is going to be fixed.
    Let me just add, I have tried over 6 different DVD Ripping/Conversion programs that also claim the Audio Sync Gaurantee, NONE of them worked.
    Same exact problem as many here are experiencing. None of which have support with a crap. I sent pretty strong emails to let them know.

DVDFab7 seems to at least have a community and this forum for some kind of hope. But this software is useless untill they get the problem fixed, and I mean fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by southerndude View Post
      ...this software is useless untill they get the problem fixed, and I mean fixed!
      I've resumed my movie conversions, and it seems 90% of them are in sync and fine...so the software isn't useless! This is still the best program available and I'll just wait to convert the remaining 10% until a solution is found.

Comment

It is useless, until it's FIXED, for those of us that want conversion to WMV...

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
          It is useless, until it's FIXED, for those of us that want conversion to WMV...
          You are absolutley right,

I could not get the Audio to sync in the following DVD's this week-end.

Matrix, ForestGump, Spiderman 2, Terminator 2, Terminator2 just crashed DVDFab7! Video is Excellent, but the audio is perfect at the first 20 minutes, then in the middle and towards the end, it is way off 2-3 seconds.

I don't care if I use .mp4, .MKV/H.264, Software only, Cuda Software, 23.97, 29.97, single pass or double pass, the results are always the same. 90 percent of my DVDs are like brand new, with many only played once, or twice.

My hardware is plenty fast enough, and I have tried three different media players. There is no excuse! I find it hard to believe that a company would release a program that has this many problems.

Sombody needs get there act together, and get these guys hopping on this!!

You moderators listen up, many people feel the same way, so help us, I'm looking to for some serious solutions here or I will be requesting a full refund!

Leon

Comment

You are absolutley right,

I could not get the Audio to sync in the following DVD's this week-end.

Matrix, ForestGump, Spiderman 2, Terminator 2, Terminator2 just crashed DVDFab7! Video is Excellent, but the audio is perfect at the first 20 minutes, then in the middle and towards the end, it is way off 2-3 seconds.
            Strange...my rendering of Forest Gump as well as all of the Terminator movies converted with no issues.

Comment

This is really strange.

I have also converted these titles to AVI & MKV without any sync problems and all play on my hardware & software players fine. They are some of my favourite titles & test titles !!!

What profile are you using?
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Partial fix, Perhaps?

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                This is really strange.

I have also converted these titles to AVI & MKV without any sync problems and all play on my hardware & software players fine. They are some of my favourite titles & test titles !!!

What profile are you using?
                Ok. Here's my latest findings.

I switched to completely different machine to rule out the hardware config on the old one. These tests were on v7.0.7.0 using DVD-mobile and encoding to generic.MKV.h264.audiocopy.

The new machine is an Athlon II 250 3.0GHz (dual core) wih 4GB of RAM. It encodes DVD at 854x480 with a bits/pixel set to .258 which is a fixed bitrate of 2538. A DVD takes about one hour/pass with frames encoded per second hovering around 50.

I tried to choose relatively new disks to encode:

The Road, 1:51 minutes runnig length.
                the Wolfman, 1:59 minutes runnig length.

The MediaInfo on these disk shows that:

The Road shows all VOBs at 23.976fps
                The Wolfman Shows VOBs 1&2 at 23.976fps, VOBs 3-7 show at 29.970fps

I first encoded each DVD at 23.976fps...bet you can guess which one was out of sync by the end of the film. Heh.

The Road's audio-video sync is fine. The Wolfman's is not.

Based on personal experience of DVDs that had audio issues, I played a hunch and I encoded Wolfman using "same as source" AND "split by chapter".

Viola! The audio sync is perfect all the way through.

Now the only thing I have to deal with is multiple files for each movie instead of only one.

Anyone know how I would go about putting these together without breaking the audio-sync?

-Wapitikev
                Last edited by wapitikev; 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM.
                When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

type vob joiner or how to join vob into google you will get lots of links

Comment

Thanks AGJ, I'll look for one that joins MKV files together. I also edited my post (above) to reflect that I'm encoding to mkv.

-Wapitikev
                    When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

So has anyone figured out how to get the BD to mobile to properly encode to *any* of the MP4 formats? Every variant of MP4 I've tried results in stobe-like stuttering video. Considering that this was the main reason I paid for the add-on I'm very dissappointed! I've been using DVDFab for a long time and was really looking forward to ripping some of my BDs to my NAS but so far haven't been able to sucessfully rip a single one! Very, very frustrating.

Comment

Happy for you!

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
                        Strange...my rendering of Forest Gump as well as all of the Terminator movies converted with no issues.
                        Well I must say that I am happy for you, and the Mod, however, there are now 17 pages in this thread of people that are having the same problem as I'm having, not only that, but, these same issues, are what many people sre complaining about from 5 other competitors, Something's rotten in Denmark.

That's a USA Saying.

Leon

Comment

Yes, something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

The last few posts indicate to me that the problem lies in the authoring of some original DVD's released in Region 1.

This is most probably why I am having little problem as all DVD's here in Australia are authored at 25fps and the 23/29fps choice does not exist.

Suggest that you do the same as the previous poster and have a look at the original VOB's/IFO's with MediaInfo to see whether I am on the right track.

Well I must say that I am happy for you, and the Mod, however, there are now 17 pages in this thread of people that are having the same problem as I'm having, not only that, but, these same issues, are what many people sre complaining about from 5 other competitors, Something's rotten in Denmark.

That's a USA Saying.

Leon
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That's a USA Saying.

Leon
                            Damn Movie companies! Why can't they make a DVD without mixing up the bitrate so I can rip it to disk without any audio problems?!

Oh. Wait. That's what they're TRYING to do.

That's why other programs fail too...they're trying to encode the entire feature at one fps or another and the source changes partway through.

Until the final fix arrives, try encoding using "split by chapter" and "same as source" for fps. There may be some annoying burps when your player transitions from one chapter to another but all the chapters will be audio/video synced.

Works for me until DVDFab proves that, once again, they are the best software out there by solving another industry created impediment to format shifting.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
                              Damn Movie companies! Why can't they make a DVD without mixing up the bitrate so I can rip it to disk without any audio problems?!
                              I doubt that to be the issue. I am using another product to make perfectly synced WMV files on the same machine I am having sync issues with Fab. Fab fails while the other works fine. I am waiting to even retry Fab for x to Mobile until Fengtau specifically indicates the issue is resolved in a future release.

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
                                I doubt that to be the issue. I am using another product to make perfectly synced WMV files on the same machine I am having sync issues with Fab. Fab fails while the other works fine. I am waiting to even retry Fab for x to Mobile until Fengtau specifically indicates the issue is resolved in a future release.
                                What's an example of one title?

Perhaps there are others who've had success, which would point to a hardware/config issue that the devs could look at?

What does MediInfo say about the source files of the ones that Fab won't do for you?

-Wapitikev

Comment

Working...
                                X