Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This problem had better be fixed asap as we have paid a lot of money for this i expect the audio to be in sync until it is fixed i will not be recommend this software to my friends.

Comment

Audio Sync Issues

Hey guys, I sent a private messeage to Ting (The person that people say is trying to fix the sync problems) about the audio that gets progressivley worse near the end of a movie that you convert in DVD to Mobile and this was his reply:

Hi,

The problem has still exist in current version, but we upgrade the mobile engine, and rewrite the sync-engine, current in the last step of this, and hope can get one beta version for this, but there are not very accurate time for this, about in one or two weeks, hope this can fix your problem.

thanks.

Comment

So here's the real question - since we purchase packages that are time limited... Anyone expecting to see an extension, since I'm about to finish a year without being able to fully use the software as expect... I doubt it will happen, but it should!

I'm currently holding on to 57 titles which I have ripped and have been unable to convert without audio sync problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jtrevill View Post
          I'm currently holding on to 57 titles which I have ripped and have been unable to convert without audio sync problems.
          Please check your PM's for a note from me.
          :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
            Frankly I do not understand why it would take much time. It worked properly up and till version 7.x was released. Ver 6 and less worked fine for DVD to Mobile.
            Check back through the thread for the conversation tests I ran. The results of the first batch is on the first page, then I started mixing things up with old DVDFab versions on Page 4.

The problem's been around for a while, but it seems to have "used to work" on some titles. Possibly based around frame rate differences between the IFO and VOB files. It looks like DVDFab may have gotten "more easily confused" as the versions progressed, to the point that now it doesn't run right most of the time.

I'm sure Ting will get it fixed... He's done so much good thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
              I'm sure Ting will get it fixed... He's done so much good thus far.
              Given the active nature of this particular thread you'd think this would have moved up the priority list. All we see is Blue Ray this and Blue Ray that. My guess is that more users are using DVD's than Blue Ray. Patience is wearing thin. I have already found alternative solutions that cost me additional funds and I SHOULD NOT have had to do this. Being on hold for nearly two months is not great support. I am still a DVDFab fan and have confidence it will be fixed but the pace of play here has been too slow.

Comment

Given the active nature of this particular thread you'd think this would have moved up the priority list. All we see is Blue Ray this and Blue Ray that. My guess is that more users are using DVD's than Blue Ray. Patience is wearing thin. I have already found alternative solutions that cost me additional funds and I SHOULD NOT have had to do this. Being on hold for nearly two months is not great support. I am still a DVDFab fan and have confidence it will be fixed but the pace of play here has been too slow.
                Yeah I'm right there with you. Blu-ray is a tiny part of my collection. I'd much rather have DVD to Mobile working properly than any of these Blu-ray features. I really love the push-button ease of DVDFab, but this audio sync bug makes it pretty useless for my purposes.

I'm getting close to just slogging through the pain of REMOVED to get my DVDs converted to mkv. Or if I can find a good, cheap (and easy) commercial solution besides DVDFab I may just buy it and move on...
                Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Using REMOVED to create the WMV files. Zero issues with audio sync. Has some nice options that Fab does not provide. Not cheap though and frustrated I had to spend more because the Fab support staff didn't... provide support. Like you, want a one stop shop but got tired of waiting on a solution. Use Fab to create the HD version of the DVD then REMOVED to create the WMV file. Works well.

You know the rules !!!
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-02-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Enlighten me GregiBoy. Which "Forum Rule" was violated? I re-read the rules and do not see why mentioning another software program which is clearly NOT a competitor to Fab was REMOVED? Even if it was a competitive product I still do not see that as a violation based on the Forum Rules. Please advise so I do not violate again.

Comment

Enlighten me GregiBoy. Which "Forum Rule" was violated? I re-read the rules and do not see why mentioning another software program which is clearly NOT a competitor to Fab was REMOVED? Even if it was a competitive product I still do not see that as a violation based on the Forum Rules. Please advise so I do not violate again.
                      MRL_DVDFab re-read the General Policies and link to that is in my signature.

Comment

I stand corrected. Apologies for the infraction. I did not re-read the General Policies. Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Comment

I am having an issue with audio sychronization as well. While encoding 2 different movies I discovered one had an audio sync problem and the other did not. I then ran these movies through DVD2AVI to demultiplex the DVD streams and discovered that one movie had an audio delay of -24ms while the other movie had no audio delay. The movie that had no audio delay (Brainscan) DVDFab encoded properly with the audio in sync. The movie that had the audio delay (Airheads) DVDFab encoded with the audio out of sync. Could DVDFab not be taking into account the audio delay of some movies thus causing the audio sync issues? Below are the movies I encoded and their respective audio delays.

Airheads
                          Audio Delay: -24ms

Brainscan
                          Audio Delay: 0ms

Comment

Originally posted by Sean10 View Post
                            I am having an issue with audio sychronization as well. While encoding 2 different movies I discovered one had an audio sync problem and the other did not. I then ran these movies through ________ to demultiplex the DVD streams and discovered that one movie had an audio delay of -24ms while the other movie had no audio delay. The movie that had the audio delay (Airheads) DVDFab encoded with the audio out of sync. Could DVDFab not be taking into account the audio delay of some movies thus causing the audio sync issues?
                            Are you saying that the root Airheads DVD audio was out of sync by 24ms, or did DVDFab introduce that delay?

If Airheads started with a delay, then when DVDFab got done with the encode, was the audio still just 24ms out of sync, or did it get worse as time went on?

I would think that proper function of any encoder would be that if the core DVD had a sync issue, then the resulting file would have a sync issue. It can't fix it 'cause it can't detect it. But if the delay propagated through the encode and got to the point of being a few seconds off at the end, then yeah, that could be a clue for Ting to work on.

Comment

The audio tended to get more out of sync near the end of the movie. When I first encoded Airheads it was WAY out of sync at the end of the movie, however, I re-encoded it with DVDFab and it was just slightly out of sync. I just noticed DVD2AVI showing an audio delay and was just curious if perhaps that might be part of the issue. I could be wrong though. I will say though that encoding the movie with alternative encoding programs that utilize DVD2AVI/DGIndex to demux the movie first do not have any audio sync issues on these movies.
                              Last edited by Sean10; 06-04-2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean10 View Post
                                The audio tended to get more out of sync near the end of the movie. When I first encoded Airheads it was WAY out of sync at the end of the movie, however, I re-encoded it with DVDFab and it was just slightly out of sync. I just noticed ________ showing an audio delay and was just curious if perhaps that might be part of the issue. I could be wrong though. I will say though that encoding the movie with alternative encoding programs that utilize ________ to demux the movie first do not have any audio sync issues on these movies.
                                (I'm quoting this because you're about to get wrist slapped for mentioning other software on the forum. I didn't want to lose the jest of the answer in case a moderator deletes the post)

Comment

Working...
                                X