Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ripped the first movie from Season 1 Disc 1 and Season 7 Disc 1 and used MediaInfo on the folders to compare. Season 7 Disc 1 Movie 1 is 16:9 and there is added info about "muxing" at the end.

Why is there muxing in one video and not the other?
    Included is the outputs from MediaInfo for both folders.
    Attached Files

Comment

@thegreatnorth.

Have you tried Season 7 with Version 6.2.1.8?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No I haven't yet.

Do I need to fully uninstall everything of 7 to install version 6 again?

Comment

No you can have different major versions installed eg: V3, V4, V5, V6, V7.

I normally have it like this so I can always go back and check with a previous version.

Only minor versions install over the current installation.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just tried various Stargate SG1 Season 7 videos in 6.2.1.8. All out-of-sync the same as with videos tried with 7.x.x.x

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
              Just tried various Stargate SG1 Season 7 videos in 6.2.1.8. All out-of-sync the same as with videos tried with 7.x.x.x
              TGN, you have a private message...
              :: Mark

Comment

Are they currently rewriting the dvdfab mobile engine so that the audio and video is in sync as this is becoming a real problem. How much longer will we have to wait till it is fixed.

Comment

Is there any new info on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by sirkaiserwilliam View Post
                    Is there any new info on this issue?
                    Yeah, is there any? It would be nice to know if someone is actually working on adressing this issue. Or if we should already start looking for another software solution to replace the one we actually already bought but doesn't work properly.

I know I may sound harsh, but it's not like this software is a freeware developped by some guy in his spare time (in which case I wouldn't have the right to complain).

I'm not asking for a fix right here right now. I just want to know if someone is actually trying to solve the issue, and if we can hope to eventually get a working version.

The DVD to DVD portion of the software works marvels, I'm very satisfied with it, works flawlessly. But I also wanted the ability to convert my movies into a file format easily streamable on my home network for my various devices (game consoles, portable media players, wi-fi phones, etc...). And sadly, that part of the software is seriously broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Realnoize View Post
                      I'm not asking for a fix right here right now. I just want to know if someone is actually trying to solve the issue, and if we can hope to eventually get a working version.
                      From what I've read, one of the developers ('Ting') is working on the problem, and has been for a few weeks now. I'd imagine an issue like this would take a while to iron out, especially when it seems as if the problem is related in some ways to where the source material was released (US, Australia, Europe, etc) as frame rates change by region within the same title. The developer probably has to source material from several different parts of the world to test the code changes.

I am getting ready to back-up my entire DVD collection to mkv files, and I read through this whole thread (after searching: frame rates)to get an idea of how the frame rate I select will effect the output files or if there is an ideal.

Thanks to everyone out there who spent frustrating hours on the problem and contributed to this thread! I live in Australia but I have a complete Stargate SG-1 series box set from the US, so now I know to scrutinise the audio sync with each episode/season I convert to mkv files!

Glad to hear someone is working hard on this issue, and look forward to receiving the fix when it's complete!

Comment

Frankly I do not understand why it would take much time. It worked properly up and till version 7.x was released. Ver 6 and less worked fine for DVD to Mobile. It wasn't till ver 7 was released did this become a problem. It appears all development effort is related to BR and not much else. As a long time customer and non-blue ray user I am extremely frustrated with the situation. It needs to get fixed and soon. I have since found other methods to properly get audio and video sync resolved outside of Fab but Fab was NOT cheap and should be properly supported. We have been discussing this for far TOO long with little progress or communication.

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
                          Frankly I do not understand why it would take much time. It worked properly up and till version 7.x was released.
                          Not entirely true. I didn't notice the sync issue until version 7, but after reviewing every movie I converted using dvd-to-mobile, the sync issue began way back in February when I first started the conversions...long before version 7 was released. It only affected a small fraction of my movies however.

Comment

I am also experiencing this problem. I just tried to format Wall*e for my iTouch, and by the end of the movie there is a noticable 2-3 second gap.

However, I convert disk 1 of Sliders with no problem.

I add my voice to those that are hopeful that a fix will be coming, sooner rather then later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoof View Post

I add my voice to those that are hopeful that a fix will be coming, sooner rather then later.
                              Not wanting to be the party crasher here... But it seems it might be more "later" than "sooner", as from what I see most updates to DVDfab seems to cater to Blu-Ray fixes now.

I know this might not be on the priority list, but many actually paid for this (and quite a lot actually, compared to other software of this type available on the net), and are at least expecting some sort of support, or the assurance that the team is working hard on the issue. All we've got right now are "rumors" about this happenning, and it would be nice if someone from the DVDfab team could say directly to us (via these forums) that they're actually working hard to solve the issue.

If this bug is ironed out, I'll gladly say to everyone that DVDfab is the best piece of software for ripping DVDs and converting them to whatever file format you'd want. But with all those people (including me) having major audio sync issues, I'm afraid I can't recommend the software to anyone right now.

Comment

I am also sorely disappointed... I've only recently discovered that quite a large number of my most recent DVD-to-Mobile (Zune) RIPs suffer from bad audio sync problems... and though I have tried to fix this through FPS settings set to 1 (match source) and other recommendations, I also cannot fix this... I am not a Blue Ray consumer (I don't have nearly enough devices to warrant it), but I do use the my Zune 2 device extensively and until recently I recommended DvdFab to everyone.. now I'm quiet on recommendations since I can't perform a single good RIP these days...

I have failed for both:
                                * The Da Vinci Code
                                * Angels and Demons

I would be fine with disabling "acceleration" and reducing ripping speed, etc... for quality. Any advice on that front is most welcome. I'm still a DvdFab fan... I just can't recommend it and I am disappointed I can't seem to get a single good rip anymore...

Comment

Working...
                                X