Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio delay means that the sound track starts at a different point in time as the video track. A negative amount would mean that the audio track starts before the video (ever so slightly).

Comment

I apologize for mentioning specific software. I intentionally didn't mention specific "alternative encoding software" for that purpose. I figured mentioning the program I did mention was okay since it was just a demultiplexer. Either way, if it is infringing please edit my post since I can no longer edit it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDFabUser56 View Post
        Hey guys, I sent a private messeage to Ting (The person that people say is trying to fix the sync problems) about the audio that gets progressivley worse near the end of a movie that you convert in DVD to Mobile and this was his reply:

Hi,

The problem has still exist in current version, but we upgrade the mobile engine, and rewrite the sync-engine, current in the last step of this, and hope can get one beta version for this, but there are not very accurate time for this, about in one or two weeks, hope this can fix your problem.

thanks.
        Hey, anyone hear anything new from Ting about the progress on this? I know he said it might be 2-3 weeks, but since that was a week ago maybe he has a better idea of when a fix will be coming?

I tried the latest beta just for kicks and still get the problem where audio gets progressively more and more out of sync in the converted video. In my case the DVD is The Warriors (1979). The problem isn't terrible, but definitely noticeable by the end of the film. I've checked the actual disc playback and a DVD to hard drive rip and they're both fine, so it's the conversion (in my case to mkv with h.264) that's going bad.

Comment

My worst one is Mission to Mars, by the end of the movie it's so out of sink people talk with out moving their lips (kinda funny). Just converted the movie Penelope and it's fine go figure.

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone know the latest information regarding the audio sync issues because this problem has been around for too long and needs to be fixed because it has basically rendered the program unusable, and also has anyone heard anything from Ting recently because I sent him that private message nearly 3 weeks ago and sent him another one last wednesday and have had no reply, thanks

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone know the latest information regarding the audio sync issues because this problem has been around for too long and needs to be fixed because it has basically rendered the program unusable, and also has anyone heard anything from Ting recently because I sent him that private message nearly 3 weeks ago and sent him another one last wednesday and have had no reply, thanks
              I'm sorry, but 11 pages of this thread later I do not remember what your problem was. Can you give me a quick remainder what you was converting to what? and what version of Fab you were using? Thank you.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Got a PM from Fengtao yesterday. Told me to be patient, a re-write is in progress and a beta will be released over the next few weeks. Same as before. I know it will get fixed but the length of time has been frustrating especially given other updates to the program have been coming with the usual regularity. I assume it is a big deal with this change they are making.

Comment

The problem is that with any dvd that you convert in DVD to Mobile around the 90 minute mark the audio gets progressivley (it gets worser) out of sync towards the end of a movie, this has been most frustrating with the second pirates of the caribbean film.

Comment

I'm still using 'dvd to mobile', but I'm verifying each conversion now. It affects about 25% of my movies.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
                      I'm still using 'dvd to mobile', but I'm verifying each conversion now. It affects about 25% of my movies.
                      Please tell me what exact setting are you using. Please try 2-pass and in Settings, under "Conversion" set memory for "max" not auto. Try it with known problematic title and let me know. And turn off any background processes, especially AV and FW. You can unplug it from web while processing, if you concern about hackers getting into your machine while you converting
                      Last edited by IPopov50; 06-09-2010, 11:29 PM. Reason: addition
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

At the moment i'm just waiting for the sync engine to be rewritten but the length of time it is taking is crazy.

Comment

The complexity of the job is crazy. This is just one component of a complete re-write of the entire Mobile engine. Please be patient.
                          At the moment i'm just waiting for the sync engine to be rewritten but the length of time it is taking is crazy.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How far are you roughly percentage wise are your over 50% done or less?

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                              Please tell me what exact setting are you using. Please try 2-pass and in Settings, under "Conversion" set memory for "max" not auto. Try it with known problematic title and let me know. And turn off any background processes, especially AV and FW. You can unplug it from web while processing, if you concern about hackers getting into your machine while you converting
                              One movie affected is "Ever After". I use the generic.avi.xbox.bigscreen1.xml profile (provided by GeekMan) for all my conversions, as the picture quality is "DVD perfect". It is available at http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=25.

It uses the 2-pass encoding method. I don't use AV or FW on my MediaPC, and there's nothing running that isn't required right now. I did set the memory for "max" as you suggested, and I'll post the results when it's finished.
                              Last edited by AzDragonLord; 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM. Reason: content

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
                                One movie affected is "Ever After". I use the generic.avi.xbox.bigscreen1.xml profile (provided by GeekMan) for all my conversions, as the picture quality is "DVD perfect". It is available at http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=25.

It uses the 2-pass encoding method. I don't use AV or FW on my MediaPC, and there's nothing running that isn't required right now. I did set the memory for "max" as you suggested, and I'll post the results when it's finished.
                                Still having sync issues....no change.

Comment

Working...
                                X