Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha. Looked all over for that math information. It's here in this thread. But upon further review that may not be the problem. I thought that all of the successful copies were done from 29.97 frame rate files. This is not true. After using mediainfo to look at some of the other files that I have copied I see that I have actually copied quite a few 23.976 frame rate files. And these even had the frame rate disparity between the vob frame rate and the ifo frame rate. As far as I can tell, the files that have the audio sync problem have the same stats as others that come through just fine. I'm at a loss.

Comment

I will try using single-pass instead of two-pass next time I convert a file. At this point I'll grab at almost any possible solution!

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
        I will try using single-pass instead of two-pass next time I convert a file. At this point I'll grab at almost any possible solution!
        It didn't help.

Comment

I have been in touch with Ting and he has gone through this thread thoroughly and is incorporating all our testing into the testing of the rewrite of the DVD to Mobile engine.

No timeframe though.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you Gregiboy you are of great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              I have been in touch with Ting and he has gone through this thread thoroughly and is incorporating all our testing into the testing of the rewrite of the DVD to Mobile engine.

No timeframe though.

Thank you so much. Their is definitely a lot of bugs in dvd-mobile at the moment.

Comment

No timeframe though.
                That's awesome! Thank you Greg and Ting!

Do you want more info??? I have two more titles that have trouble. In The Shadow Of The Moon and The Beach.

It's a different "trouble", it's still an audio sync issue, but it's small and static. In both cases the IFOs say the titles are at 23.970fps, the VOBs say 23.976fps.

Using the default generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile with 7.0.5.1, the frame rate tracks what the VOB lists (i.e., 23.976fps) and the audio is off. I'm recoding them now with the same profile but forcing 23.970fps (i.e., what the IFO says) and I suspect that it'll be ok.
                :: Mark

Comment

sync issues

You are not alone. I noticed the sync issue back in Nov 09. I was converting Stargate SG1 for playback on a media player. All seasons converted fine, but seasons 6 and 7 had sync problems. I worked on it for weeks and nothing helped. I went back to ver 5 and that didnt help, tried 2 other computers and that didnt help. The latest problems have been Planet 51 and the Princess and the frog. Tried the copying to hard drive in dvd9 mode and then converting. It worked for planet 51, but not for princess and the frog. Hate to say it but I tried converting the princess and the frog with a free demo from another company and it worked fine. Using the mediainfo is a new ideal and I havent tried it yet.
                  Good luck maybe you or someone will figure this sync thing out.

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                    I have two more titles that have trouble. In The Shadow Of The Moon and The Beach.

It's a different "trouble", it's still an audio sync issue, but it's small and static. In both cases the IFOs say the titles are at 23.970fps, the VOBs say 23.976fps.

Using the default generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile with 7.0.5.1, the frame rate tracks what the VOB lists (i.e., 23.976fps) and the audio is off. I'm recoding them now with the same profile but forcing 23.970fps (i.e., what the IFO says) and I suspect that it'll be ok.
                    Well, that didn't help... In fact it looks like the sync got worse. So that would tend to imply that maybe I try 30fps? (or wait for Ting to rework this code from the bottom up...)

Good to meet you Mr. Gibson - and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                      ...maybe I try 30fps?
                      Nope... still off at 30fps.

Comment

Posts about other software removed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgibson55 View Post
                          You are not alone. I noticed the sync issue back in Nov 09. I was converting Stargate SG1 for playback on a media player. All seasons converted fine, but seasons 6 and 7 had sync problems. I worked on it for weeks and nothing helped. I went back to ver 5 and that didnt help, tried 2 other computers and that didnt help. The latest problems have been Planet 51 and the Princess and the frog. Tried the copying to hard drive in dvd9 mode and then converting. It worked for planet 51, but not for princess and the frog. Hate to say it but I tried converting the princess and the frog with a free demo from another company and it worked fine. Using the mediainfo is a new ideal and I havent tried it yet.
                          Good luck maybe you or someone will figure this sync thing out.
                          I was trying to convert my season 7 of SG1 all yesterday and thought it was just me having problems... so I came to the forum to see what is with the audio sync issues. I was using 7.0.4.0, then I tried a few of the betas up to the latest one (7.0.5.5) and the audio was always out of sync no matter what settings I was trying.

Now that I've read this I will try with a disc from season 1 and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
                            I was trying to convert my season 7 of SG1 all yesterday and thought it was just me having problems... so I came to the forum to see what is with the audio sync issues. I was using 7.0.4.0, then I tried a few of the betas up to the latest one (7.0.5.5) and the audio was always out of sync no matter what settings I was trying.

Now that I've read this I will try with a disc from season 1 and see what happens.
                            Just did a test convert of all three videos from Stargate SG-1 Season 1 Disc 1 and there were no audio sync issues in any of the videos.

Method
                            -DVD to DVD (Harddisk folder DVD9)
                            -DVD to mobile (AVI generic.avi.xvid.mp3 - framerate = same as source)

Tried again on Season 7 Disc 1 and no matter what settings I try the audio will not sync. Just installed MediaInfo and will investigate to see what the difference is between the seasons.

Comment

I just checked my encodes of SG-1 Season 7 that I did with Fab 6.2.1.8, generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy and all is fine.

But don't forget my source was 25fps and encode was 25fps.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
                                Tried again on Season 7 Disc 1 and no matter what settings I try the audio will not sync.
                                I just checked my encodes of SG-1 Season 7 that I did with Fab 6.2.1.8, generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy and all is fine. But don't forget my source was 25fps and encode was 25fps.
                                This so has to be a math error in the encoder for fractional frame rates. I hope Ting can find it!

Comment

Working...
                                X