No announcement yet.

Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I having issued with my Music Fab 1.0.2.5,, I have uninstalled and reinstall Music Fab on my computer., clear Cache I was hoping to get the window version. Music Fab is saying We no longer support this version of Edge (Amazon Music)

Comment

Originally posted by abingley2 View Post
      I having issued with my Music Fab 1.0.2.5,, I have uninstalled and reinstall Music Fab on my computer., clear Cache I was hoping to get the window version. Music Fab is saying We no longer support this version of Edge (Amazon Music)
      Err... yes. I have the same issue.
      The Spotify "Protected Content" Screen is back, and MusicFab is no longer downloading from the existing download que in Spotify. It just keeps saying "Analyzing" until it fails. .log attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2024-01-27_210641499.png
Views:	249
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	435970

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Edge Not Supported.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	435971
      Attached Files
      Last edited by supine; 01-28-2024, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        same thing for me since Thursday, no more downloads possible. Ticket submitted but no response from MusicFab team.​

Comment

Spotify and Audible downloads are no longer possible

Comment

Woops, I had one more screen shot on my desktop that didn't get uploaded. This is what I'm getting. The progress bar moves across the screen unstopping, and it says Analyzing until the download fails. StPeterOrding2015 , thank you for putting in a ticket. This reminds me to do the same. Hopefully, the squeaky wheel will get some grease.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MusicFab Failures.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	435990

Comment

Yes supine,
              that messges i get since 2024-01-26 04:03:34, the Time Stamp of my ticket for the MusicFab Team.
              I hope that they (MusicFab Team) are not on the great china travel route to the china´s new year vacation.
              I´ll remeber that on 17. + 18 June 2023 a similar problem occurred and I asked the MusicFab Team if they had their internet engine turned off :-).
              Let use see when the ​MusicFab Team react...

Comment

[QUOTE=StPeterOrding2015;n435996]Yes supine,
                that messges i get since 2024-01-26 04:03:34, the Time Stamp of my ticket for the MusicFab Team.
                I hope that they (MusicFab Team) are not on the great china travel route to the china´s new year vacation.
                I´ll remeber that on 17. + 18 June 2023 a similar problem occurred and I asked the MusicFab Team if they had their internet engine turned off :-).
                Let use see when the ​MusicFab Team react...[/QUOTE

My ticket went in this morning. So far, no response that I have seen from anyone to anyone. I hope that they are on top of this already. I would like to hear something though, the silence is deafening. (and disturbing) I believe that the Chinese new year doesn't start until sometime in the beginning of February this year, and is celebrated for a week. (8 days if I can remember). All we can do is wait. They might have started the new year early. Who knows?

Edit: Google says that the Chinese New Year starts on Feb. 10th (Saturday).
                Last edited by supine; 01-29-2024, 02:58 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=supine;n436059]
                  Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
                  Yes supine,
                  Let use see when the ​MusicFab Team react...[/QUOTE

My ticket went in this morning. So far, no response that I have seen from anyone to anyone. I hope that they are on top of this already. I would like to hear something though, the silence is deafening. (and disturbing) I believe that the Chinese new year doesn't start until sometime in the beginning of February this year, and is celebrated for a week. (8 days if I can remember). All we can do is wait. They might have started the new year early. Who knows?

Edit: Google says that the Chinese New Year starts on Feb. 10th (Saturday).
                  As a result of the Digital Rights Management (DRM) enhancement implemented on January 25, 2024, you may encounter some difficulties when attempting to download specific songs using the musicfab platform from various music services. Our team of developers is currently investigating this concern. However, resolving it may require a bit of patience. We deeply appreciate your unwavering support during this time.

Comment

Hello MusicFab, that is your problem. We users have paid a lot of money for the MusicFab products. I expect either a quick solution or my money back.

Comment

TuneFab Music Converter has tools to remove DRM from Spotify, Apple Music and iTunes purchased songs. You can also adjust audio parameters such as bitrate, sample rate, etc. and edit ID3 tags manually before removing DRM protection. Apart from DRM removal, you can convert and save DRM-protected M4P songs, albums and playlists to common audio format such as MP3, AC3 and M4A.

Comment

Hello MusicFab, that is your problem. We users have paid a lot of money for the MusicFab products. I expect either a quick solution or my money back.
                        Of course, our development team is working hard to deal with this problem, and we are really sorry for the bad experience caused to you during this period.

Comment

The changes to the Digital Rights Management (DRM) enhancement have been known for some time. Why didn't you check beforehand what restrictions there are on MusicFab and how they could be adjusted?

Comment

The changes to the Digital Rights Management (DRM) enhancement have been known for some time. Why didn't you check beforehand what restrictions there are on MusicFab and how they could be adjusted?
                            I believe that you are understandably (and riotously) upset. This is PAID software. I have had DRM issues like this with other FAB products in the past. Usually it only affects specific titles, or publishing groups though.

New "unbreakable" DRM formats are constantly being researched, developed and implemented. The workings of most of these DRM formats cannot be forecast, so the teams have to wait until the new DRM is implemented before they can take it apart and see how it works. Even the software that you mentioned would not work on a new, unknown DRM format. In my experience, the Fab team has always found a way to work around all of these issues.

As I probably mentioned in another post, the Streaming companies as well as the Music and Video industries don't like software's like this and are constantly trying to stop them; or at least throw them a curve ball. Both sides have people looking into stopping or circumventing the other side almost full time. It' a kind of war (or game depending on how you look at it.). This DRM move, is one of the broadest in scope that I have seen, and will undoubtedly affect more than just MusicFab. Our license fees help pay teams of developers to find a way around issues like this. Sometimes the resolution is not a speedy process, but I'm sure that the developers are hard at work trying to find a workable resolution as fast as possible right now. (Although you are right. The upcoming new year will not help the speedy resolution, if something isn't found before then.)

"The game is afoot!" The only thing we in the middle can do now, is have patience and wait. So far, given time, the development teams working around the DRM issues have a 100% track record. After all, there must be a way for the end user to play the protected content. It's now a matter of finding out how that happens, and how to get around it.
                            Last edited by supine; 01-29-2024, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Hi supine,
                              I'm not upset that DRM or other protection mechanisms are being tightened again - yes, a solution will come at some point.

It is the point that we customers/users are only informed about the cause of the problem after 4 days since January 25, 2024 - 11:11 mez/cet - and the change to the DRM has been in the planning for months. I know the business of SW development and maintenance very well - for over 20 years. Requirements and change management is part of it.​

Comment

StPeterOrding2015, Yeah, It's kind of frustrating having to look at things from this side of the bench. Even if the Fab team had done a "Push" through the software warning users this might happen, I don't think that they could have been more proactive until they actually got a look at the new DRM platform. It looks looks they were in a loose/loose situation. Do you have a suggestion on what they could have done differently? Perhaps your suggestion would help in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X