DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
    Well hello all my friends and members and friendly members lol. OK I'm trying to stop smoking (Filthy habit I know) and my nerves are just SHOT. Taking "Chantix" to help but I think the only way I'll succeed is if they are made illegal which they should be anyway since they've killed so many people. I actually feel like climbing a 10 story building, jumping off and slitting my own throat on the way down. grrr lol Certainly hope everyone else is great though. bare with me.
    My dad smoked 3-5 packs a day since he was 16 and one day my mom said to him, no more smoking nearing the kids, I want the girl in the house without smoke (my sister) and said that the boy is already exposed but is getting older, I don't want him to learn. He quit next morning, never looked back. I was and still am impressed but that worked for him, no biggie, don't mean it has to work with everyone, right? To each their own way of dealing with it.

I started smoking in the service, I could go days without smoking and then lighting up a pack in one day, it was stress driven, I still think about it but the thought passes quickly and I stand my ground. For me it wasn't a physical additional, for me it was emotional, I would smoke when I was stressed or needed 2 minutes away from the world for just ME. I could sit here and tell you I did it for my kids, my wife, world peace this and that but the fact is I did it because I was getting older and having more difficulty breathing, coughing alot and I figured while my lungs are clear, let's not push it. My wife is allergic to the smoke but I always smoked outside, washed up but it bothered her, so yeah I did it for her too. As for my kids, I wanted to be around for them, that's a given but mostly the wake up came the day my daughter picked up a butt I had tossed in the backyard and put it to her mouth. I had never smoked in front of her but that was enough to just freak me out. Figured, I am the example, it has to start with me not tv and radio campaigns.

Do it because its good for YOU and the benefits to others is just incidental and peripheral and should not be the reason that drives you. Drink lots of juice, they flush the nicotine and lower the craving. If you crave, drink a tall glass of water or orange juice, kills the craving. Avoid or lower your caffeine intake for a while (coffee, tea, soda) they are triggers. I drink coffee and tea like a fish, so it was an adjustment but I am ok now. Eat an apple, it will make taste of smoking bitter and tends to help you enjoy it less. This may sound cliche but chew gum, it helps like you wouldn't believe. Gums that are Cinnamon and/or spearmint, tend to work best. Those are the biggies and I wish you the best, just know you got the support if you need it and just because me and people alike quit cold turkey don't mean jack and its unique to each person, so don't let that throw a distraction your way. It WILL BE ROUGH, trust me, but when you are done with it, your hair, mouth, cloths smell better, teeth get whiter, you can breath easier, you sleep better, your pressure gets normalized, your stomach is less upset (heartburn), your gastrointestinal stuff works nicer and overall you feel better.
    Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

I have been trying now and I've honestly went from 1 1/2 packs a day to maybe 3-4 cigs a day. You're so right about breathing better, stomach, intestinal and everything for that matter. I even make myself go outside so the house and clothes smell better plus as its getting colder I tend to ask myself "Do I REALLY want to walk outside in the cold" so that helps a lot. Thanks for the tips about the juice and actually I bought a HUGE bag of those dum dum lolly pops and its a distraction also. Sleeping...well I'm stressing in a MAJOR way because of lack of work and thats not helping. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way about what I said when people quit cold turkey, I just meant I get mad at myself because I can't. It is going to be a long road but I am trying. I'll pass those tips to my wife also, she's the big coffee drinker and that's when She seems to struggle. Thanks again

Comment

I have been trying now and I've honestly went from 1 1/2 packs a day to maybe 3-4 cigs a day. You're so right about breathing better, stomach, intestinal and everything for that matter. I even make myself go outside so the house and clothes smell better plus as its getting colder I tend to ask myself "Do I REALLY want to walk outside in the cold" so that helps a lot. Thanks for the tips about the juice and actually I bought a HUGE bag of those dum dum lolly pops and its a distraction also. Sleeping...well I'm stressing in a MAJOR way because of lack of work and thats not helping. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way about what I said when people quit cold turkey, I just meant I get mad at myself because I can't. It is going to be a long road but I am trying. I'll pass those tips to my wife also, she's the big coffee drinker and that's when She seems to struggle. Thanks again
        That's good, slow and steady. Yes, the lolly pops help with the oral fixation factor, I used sunflower seeds and gum but that works well too. Don't get mad at yourself, that's my point, what works for others is irrelevant, the key is finding what works for you. If the experience of others can help, then great but for sure don't let it bum you or distract you.

Many common triggers are, meals (especially if greasy), caffeine (coffee, tea, soda), hi sweets (cupcakes, candy bars, even sodas, donuts), being around others who smoke (the smell of it is a strong trigger and so is the herd behavior), stress (obviously we all have it, its how we deal with it, I used to smoke to relieve mine), depression (this is why when you take something like Wellbutrin, you get happy mood and smoke less, turns out it has the same chemical component as all quick smoking meds, including Chantix, the difference, its ALOT cheaper and your insurance will cover it).

Comment

Originally posted by GµårÐïåñ View Post
          That's good, slow and steady. Yes, the lolly pops help with the oral fixation factor, I used sunflower seeds and gum but that works well too. Don't get mad at yourself, that's my point, what works for others is irrelevant, the key is finding what works for you. If the experience of others can help, then great but for sure don't let it bum you or distract you.

Many common triggers are, meals (especially if greasy), caffeine (coffee, tea, soda), hi sweets (cupcakes, candy bars, even sodas, donuts), being around others who smoke (the smell of it is a strong trigger and so is the herd behavior), stress (obviously we all have it, its how we deal with it, I used to smoke to relieve mine), depression (this is why when you take something like Wellbutrin, you get happy mood and smoke less, turns out it has the same chemical component as all quick smoking meds, including Chantix, the difference, its ALOT cheaper and your insurance will cover it).
          Hows it going today WildandBlue
          staying the course, I like Guardian am here, if you need to sound off, like I said earlier, been there, gone through that, it's not easy and again as Guardian says, " slow and steady" one day at a time, and yes I still have craving and it's many years since I puffed, it's a physical and mental addiction, but not insurmountable
          hang in there it will only get better and you will feel better about your self for being able to kick it's ass.
          Pm me if I can help

Comment

There you go buddy, another friend here to be part of your support system if you need it. You know where we are and how to PM, so hit us up whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
              Hows it going today WildandBlue
              staying the course, I like Guardian am here, if you need to sound off, like I said earlier, been there, gone through that, it's not easy and again as Guardian says, " slow and steady" one day at a time, and yes I still have craving and it's many years since I puffed, it's a physical and mental addiction, but not insurmountable
              hang in there it will only get better and you will feel better about your self for being able to kick it's ass.
              Pm me if I can help
              Thanks Touchdown, it does help to sound off and hear from other people like you guys. Getting good advice and tips helps a lot, certainly never hurts

Comment

That's the spirit.

Comment

Everyone must be watching the new movies released today, I picked up Land of The Lost and Drag Me To Hell both region 1 DVD's and backed them up no problem Fab version 6112 pp enabled Full disc mode if anyone was curious.
                  Never liked Will Ferrell but Land of The Lost was VERY funny imo. gonna watch Drag Me To Hell in a few.
                  Last edited by W&B; 10-14-2009, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing buddy, good to know.

Comment

Everyone must be watching the new movies released today, I picked up Land of The Lost and Drag Me To Hell both region 1 DVD's and backed them up no problem Fab version 6112 pp enabled Full disc mode if anyone was curious.
                      Never liked Will Ferrell but Land of The Lost was VERY funny imo. gonna watch Drag Me To Hell in a few.
                      Originally posted by GµårÐïåñ View Post
                      Thanks for sharing buddy, good to know.
                      Yuppers, thanks for the info.
                      I'm picking up Drag Me To Hell later on today...wasn't going to buy LOTL, but maybe I'll rethink that one.

Out of curiosity, did you alter the playback order on Drag Me To Hell or just went ahead with the original order?
                      Thanks W&B
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Morning W&B,
                        How things going today, I gotta agree with you on the Will Ferrell thing.although when I saw the movie "Stranger than Fiction" I had a new respect for his drama acting.His comedy is still a little mundane.

Comment

IM Proud of you chaps that are giving up Smoking / Gave up/ trying /

I smoke 1 cigarett a Day
                          BUT if I have some Dry Red Wine I might have a Few More,

I had a boyfriend that WAS Giving it up and he said " I feel like Grabing that Smoke out of the Chap on the Street "

I dont have those Feelings of cravings BUT I Know What you going through ♥

Comment

Originally posted by diane7 View Post
                            IM Proud of you chaps that are giving up Smoking / Gave up/ trying /

I smoke 1 cigarett a Day
                            BUT if I have some Dry Red Wine I might have a Few More,

I had a boyfriend that WAS Giving it up and he said " I feel like Grabing that Smoke out of the Chap on the Street "

I dont have those Feelings of cravings BUT I Know What you going through ♥
                            Morning Di
                            I am amazed that a person can have just a smoke and not want another, my wife would that when I smoked,after dinner, she would have ONE smoke and that was it, I don't know how you do it but congrats on the will power

Comment

@ Maineman
                              I just did a full disc backup, I never did watch it yet but theres no special protection with that disc.

@ Touchdown 1
                              I haven't seen that one yet but agree 100% about Will Ferrell, ya know I always thought comedians make the BEST drama performers bar none.

@ diane7
                              Thankyou, if I could only smoke one a day i would be very happy. I can go 3-4 days without any then I crash and make up for it lol. you certainly have my respect also ar Touchdown mentioned, all you folks have my respect. btw Hi and hope you pop in here more often

@everyone
                              sorry I didn't get back sooner but between job hunting, napping and just run of the mill to do list I been kind of busy.

Comment

sorry I didn't get back sooner but between job hunting, napping and just run of the mill to do list I been kind of busy..
                                Now, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard of, looking for job LOL
                                just yanking your chain for s**tz and giggles
                                good luck with that, it's one helluva job market

Comment

Working...
                                X