DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W & B....

Why don't you turn your knowledge here into a little moneymaking venture?

Here in Oz, I run a business that imports Hard Disk and Network Media Players and I have quite a few wholesale customers that buy them from me and then onsell them fully loaded with content. I won't comment on that part of it.

One guy sells over 10 a week and makes a minimum of $100 on each one with very little effort and it is all word-of-mouth stuff so little or no overheads. His comment is that they breed like rabbits !!!

Just a thought.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 10-14-2009, 09:47 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
      Now, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard of, looking for job LOL
      just yanking your chain for s**tz and giggles
      good luck with that, it's one helluva job market
      I only go looking twice a week and my location teens can't even get a job at a fast food place. hopefully things will get better.
      @ GregiBoy
      I'm seriously thinking about going back to college and taking some computer courses, I've always preferred working with my hands. Started out as a Carpenter in my youth then light duty mechanic but am open to any suggestions at this point and your suggestion is greatly appreciated. I'm just not sure its in my area of expertise. Always liked electronics, computers and the such even though I really only started messing with them maybe 10 years ago and by no means am a expert by any definition but usually I can figure out my problems myself. As weird as it might sound I'm afraid if I turn it into a career it will no longer be fun for me but its looking like I have no choice now lol. again thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Well, just from my point of view, I turned what was a hobby for me into a profitable businesss and I'm loving it.

I get to play with all the new gadget samples before we commit to ordering in quantities and it is all good fun.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working for myself would be pretty cool, economy is so bad I'd actually leery about trying to start anything right now though. Really would be great to set my own hours and/or days and I wouldn't have to worry about getting fired LOL

Morning Bob and Touchdown, how's it today?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
            Working for myself would be pretty cool, economy is so bad I'd actually leery about trying to start anything right now though. Really would be great to set my own hours and/or days and I wouldn't have to worry about getting fired LOL

Hey W&B, mornin' to you too.

Yeah, setting up a business is a lot to take on, especially in this economy.
            On the other hand, it probably wouldn't take much capital to start up...out of the house and all.
            It'll chew up some time for awhile though, that's for sure.
            I'm sure GregiBoy would be willing to give you some pointers ...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post

And a good morning to you W&B,
              How are things for you out in the great state of TN.all well I hope
              PS unless you kept showing up late then you could fire yourself LOL
              Last edited by touchdown_1; 10-15-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Morning Maineman, yeah the the bad thing about starting something from home is We're off the beaten path but with advertising I could probably do it from online. My wife actually works for a guy from China, He owns "Weldas Inc." so that may be a help to learn about importing stuff from there but the wife says its a MAJOR pain. Dunno though I really prefer leaving the headaches to someone else and just keep my head down and hands dirty lol
                Believe me TD if theres a way to fire myself I'd find it lol but anyway things are good here, I got a pretty big "honey do" list so that'll keep me busy most of the day. have a good one guys.

Comment

Mate, we use eBay and it works for us.... All paperwok, shipping, invoices, no bricks & mortar store. Ship by postal service next day. $$$$ straight into PayPal account.

So easy and little investment in setup. Xmas month last year we did nearly 40K in sales. Lotta bloody work in packing and shipping though.

Comment

Is there a particular Ebay member you buy from? post or pm me a link, can't say I'm not willing to check it out. Thanks

Comment

Send me a PM and I'll give you details.

Comment

Happy Friday to one and all
                        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                          Happy Friday to one and all
                          Hey Bob, hi all you Fabbers.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            Hey Bob, hi all you Fabbers.
                            Hi Fabbers.

Hows things Mainman.

Comment

Originally posted by Icewarrior View Post
                              Hi Fabbers.

Hows things Mainman.
                              Really good...crazy, but still good.
                              Wife and I just bought a retirement home in South Carolina.
                              Gorgeous place with a million dollar view.
                              The good news, it was quite a bit cheaper than building and a whole lot easier.

The bad news, we now own 2 houses and 2 building lots and will be eating peanut butter and jelly until we can sell some of this stuff.
                              Wife asked me if I want peanut butter or jelly.
                              She is is sooo funny.
                              I said, it all depends, "Can I have bread?".

Seriously, we should be ok. We're willing to take a pretty big hit on our current home since we did so well on the new purchase.
                              You can't get greedy and have it both ways...

Comment

So you working on your "southern accent"?

Comment

Working...
                                X