No announcement yet.

DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Caturday everyone and hope all is well your way.
    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Hi Bob, 98.3°F here today, staying inside sitting on top of an AC vent!
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Caturday everyone

Comment

Yo Bob! How's it going pal having any trouble staying warm over on your side of the state?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Staying warm is no problem over here lol

Comment

heyyo everyone,

Paul posted about a fix for Magicjack and would like to hear if it works for you or not. Thank you for posting this Paul. I might get Magicjack if this fix is working now

The link is here > http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14056

Comment

Hi Bob, how goes it? MagicJack never did interfere with my setup but since the device is seen as a drive I can see how it could. The new beta version 8.1.0.8 and above has a drive setting in common settings where a drive can be excluded for processing. So I excluded the MagicJack drive anyway for good measure. Attachment:

If I had a do-over, I might do it anyway when my subscription to MagicJack is up, I'd go with netTalk DUO, you don't need a computer at all. Just plug into the router, with magicJack the computer must be on for it to work.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 90312; 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

ok thanks for the info neighbor........and a Happy Caturday to one and all

Comment

The beta's are really coming out lately.........

Comment

can anyone tell me what is a "magicjack"?

Comment

magicjack

Hallo moonie2001

Originally posted by moonie2001 View Post
                        can anyone tell me what is a "magicjack"?
                        As far I can understand it is a communicator (VoIP)

MagicJack is a device that plugs into a USB port on the user's computer, and uses a standard RJ-11 phone jack into which any standard phone can be plugged. This allows the user to make phone calls to almost any phone in the U.S. and Canada. It is a computer peripheral that, in combination with telephony service from the related YMAX Corporation, provides Internet-based telephone service (VoIP) to the United States and Canada. The firm's primary product is a USB device that holds both the software necessary to place Internet-based telephone calls via a customer-supplied high-speed internet connection, and the electronics (technically known as a SLIC, or Subscriber Line Interface Circuit) supporting conventional landline telephones to be plugged directly into the device. The products are promoted through television infomercials and a website.

Got the info from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagicJack

Greetings
                        Timothy
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                        Life is what happens in between.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

the gory details of magicJack

All,
                          The magicJack appears to your system as an optical drive, it is a shortcut the makers use to prevent having to distribute a CD with the device and also a for some of the device I/O. When DVDFab is open but not running, it is scanning optical drives every few seconds to see if you have inserted a disc. This interrupts the magicJack operation since the OS briefly can't see it. It causes breakups during calls and can cause numbers to be dialed incorrectly. Note that this is not DVDFab doing anything wrong really, just a result of the "trick" the MJ developers used to make their device simpler and cheaper.

The fix works as long as the MJ is plugged in when DVDFab starts and stays plugged in. If you unplug it, then you will have to uncheck the box in Fab again when you plug the MJ in. I have asked Team Beijing that they add a box or radio button that modifies the "Drives" feature to "scan only the selected drives", with the default for new drives being that they would not be scanned. This would prevent having to uncheck the MJ box every time when plugging it in. You could also use this to disallow scanning of optical and virtual drives that you use for other things (such as a burn-only drive in a 2-drive setup etc.).

I'm glad so many found this in the Knowledge Base, which I think is an underutilized area. There is some good info there and I know that all of you have tips or tricks that you have discovered over the years that you could contribute.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

When i click on "New Posts" i get taken to a database error page........at this time of course.

Also does it when i click on "Today's Posts" under "Quick Links"

Is this happening to anyone else?

Comment

I have gotten that error once recently from one of the admin control panel functions.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD FAB Products Discussion

1+, getting the same as BOB, Have to view every section, just to see new post!

Comment

Working...
                                X