DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head repair

I just have to replace the valves, nothing majior! Just to hot to do anything! I used to have a 1969 SS Camaro,327cubic inch,three speed,positract rearend(411) with hooker headers! 4BBL! Throw the Quarter mile nothing would touch me!(I meen anything) Some would hang next to me about a car length, but that was it! I used to drop the old moth balls in the tank!(like jet fuel) Sure miss those days!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
      I just have to replace the valves, nothing majior! Just to hot to do anything! I used to have a 1969 SS Camaro,327cubic inch,three speed,positract rearend(411) with hooker headers! 4BBL! Throw the Quarter mile nothing would touch me!(I meen anything) Some would hang next to me about a car length, but that was it! I used to drop the old moth balls in the tank!(like jet fuel) Sure miss those days!
      That's always been my dream car (if I had a drooling smiley this page would be all wet Lmao!!)

Comment

I used to drag race a lot way back when and used to here about moth balls in tha gas tank.
        Did that really work?

Comment

Originally posted by race fuel View Post
          I used to drag race a lot way back when and used to here about moth balls in tha gas tank.
          Did that really work?
          I never tried it.
          You can find some other sources, but here's what Car Talk had to say:
          (ya gotta love Tom & Ray)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

moth balls

Back then moth balls really worked, the engine would idel normal after about a minute you could see your rpm guage moved up and idel very fast! I've heard that the moth balls aren't made the same anymore!

Comment

W&B

Also was mine too!, Rapped it around a telephone poll one night, runing from police, Back in my teen's!, had it made too! Just couldn't quit that night, that car would perfom so perfect!

Comment

My son drives the car now so all i have to do is build the engines and keep the NOS jug full.
                NOS you kinda know what to expect. Moth balls ?????????????

Comment

race fuel

Hey race feul, yeh back in the day before NOS, I meen way back, moth balls had a smell to them that would burn your nose! Many years later I picked up some moth balls at the store and smelled them, didn't hardly have a smell at all, this late 70's! I've always wanted to ride in a car with NOS, Is it really like "Fast and the Furious" and "Bicker Bboyz" (motor cycles)? Two great movies for NOS!

Comment

This car is set up to go 1/8 of a mile straight [when it does] so i don't know about curves. BUT when you add 250 HP instantly it makes for a lot of fun.
                    I feel like it would take about a ton of moth balls to do that.
                    Also a lot of moths!!!!!!!!

Comment

race fuel

That sounds like alot of fun, I bet you feel the G's on that!

Comment

It wouldn’t be a good idea to do this with present day mothballs. In the good old days they were made with naphthalene that would breakdown into something akin to lighter fluid in gasoline. These days they are made of paradichlorobenzene same stuff as a urinal cake and has two chlorine atoms attached to the benzene ring. Might just as well pour bleach in your gas tank.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                          I've always wanted to ride in a car with NOS, Is it really like "Fast and the Furious" and "Bicker Bboyz" (motor cycles)? Two great movies for NOS!
                          Not really, in those movies you see the drivers hit the NOS while at speed and cranking high rpm's. If you watch professional drag racing you'll see the drivers vent and purge their system at the starting line (they leave the starting line with the NOS activated), if they activated the NOS during mid race like in the movies most likely the engines would explode (and they build bullet proof engines).

Comment

Guess I should say greeting to one and all seems like a friendly thread reminds me of another thread

Comment

Yes I think you are right. Old Friend, how is the captain these days? Also Hello to all. Long time, no posts. Have moved into an old house and have been busy with the reno's. The nightmare is almost over.

Hey SJ how is life on the dark side? MYCE.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                                Yes I think you are right. Old Friend, how is the captain these days? Also Hello to all. Long time, no posts. Have moved into an old house and have been busy with the reno's. The nightmare is almost over.

Hey SJ how is life on the dark side? MYCE.
                                Gloomy at times...such is life

and nice to see you too my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X