Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Caturday everyone
    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Morning

Morning gang LTNS, hope everyone is doing fine
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Hello all you Fabbers been a while since my last post and just want to say hope you all are doing good

SJ

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
          Hello all you Fabbers been a while since my last post and just want to say hope you all are doing good

SJ
          .. We know the reason my friend and Congrands on the new Grand Baby
          Ant

Comment

Happy Caturday everyone.

Has anyone else noticed that the post times are 10-15 minutes ahead here? or is this place magic?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
              Happy Caturday everyone.

Has anyone else noticed that the post times are 10-15 minutes ahead here? or is this place magic?
              Yes, this has been puzzling me for a couple days, thought my internet time was off so I tried to sync it lol
              And a Happy Caturday to you
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

lol ya i was going to do that but i checked the clocks in the house first and decided not to.

Comment

Happy Catrurday everyone

Comment

Vent alert!

My dear friends, I have been stewing for a couple of days now and I REALLY REALLY wanted to blow my top and just go ape on the forum and post my dissatisfaction but then I felt that I don't want to put my friends in the mods/admins in a position where they had to pull out the switch and beat up on me and/or the rest who don't really give a damn, so I am here to let it loose among friends where I know people have my back to see if I can figure out what the hell before it becomes something bigger.

Now many of you know that for a long while now (nearly 2-3 major releases) where the program is completely being stupid and when launching ImgBurn, it won't set the proper speeds and ALWAYS defaults to the fastest speed. With 8.x now it has been 3, count them, THREE, freakin releases where this crap still happens and I am just absolutely pissed. I mean for !@#$ sake, is it so hard that when you use another program that you pass the settings that are set for it? I mean what the hell is the point of setting options when the program just ignores it.

Back in 7.x I finally had to make the asinine choice of HARD CODING the speed in ImgBurn and setting the DVDFab setting to RECOMMENDED so that it would burn at 4x (yes 4x, I prefer it that way even though my burner can do 20x+) and even though it bugged the hell out of me, I accepted the compromise - which I found quite stupid and unnecessary and backwardly moronic that you have to hard code the speed of something per disc type instead of the program working like the way its supposed to work but I resigned myself that the developers are either incompetent or don't give a shit.

Well now, with the release of 8.x even that asinine compromise no longer works. Even though the program is still hard wired, it will default to MAX. I reset it all to see maybe the program has fixed it and so it will pass the right values, HELL NO, setting the write speed to 4x is like voting for president and watching some ding bat buy his way in despite what you say. So I set it back to the old configuration, and still nothing, it goes to MAX, and no matter what now, I can't even work the stupid compromise to get the damn thing to work at 4x, so what the hell gives?

Any idea here what the !@#$ is going on? Outside of good friends here, you know who you are, there is absolutely no COMPETENT support provided by the makers of this software PERIOD. They spend so much time fancying up crap and dressing it up and don't focus one bit on the function of the god damn thing. I mean I rather have it be a DOS console and look like shit but at least work every single time like it should rather than it be all pretty with no brains to do what it is intended. I mean who the hell are we fooling here?

EHEM, ok, I am done venting and will await a response to figure out what is wrong and how I have to compromise in a whole new way to get this asinine piece of crap to work.
                    Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

Welcome back GµårÐïåñ,

If your talking about using ImgBurn to burn your DVD discs after DVDFab has done it's thing i set ImgBurn to use the Auto Write Speed (AWS) with the disc speed i want using the burner and blanks i want (i have 13 burners hooked up to my pc). Here is the tutorial > http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4249 This has always worked for me when burning my Tayio Yuden T02 blanks at 8x.

I've never trusted DVDFab to write at the speed i chose so i've always used ImgBurn this way since LUK! added this option.

I have not used DVDFab v8 with ImgBurn 2.5.2.0 to burn any discs yet..........hope this helps?

Comment

Thanks dude, and that's what I meant by saying that I had to compromise and hard code it, that's what I meant. I have done exactly that and it is being ignored COMPLETELY and going to full max each and every freaking time and its just pissing me off again and again and again all over again. This is how I had to make DVDFab work since 7.x was released and I was talked into using this method by many and I didn't like it but I did it, but now even that is not respected. So the fact is that it is NOT honoring what is asked of it, and on top of it to add insult to injury it overwrites somehow the built-in hard coded speed as well, so its screwing me all over and completely this time.

Comment

ah k gotcha GµårÐïåñ, maybe someone that has used v8 will comment.

I haven't backed up a DVD in a long time now...........haven't seen a movie i would pay money for in a long time out with all the crap that is coming out these days or maybe it's just the wifes and mine tastes........

Edit:

The futuristic post times here on the forum are getting close to a half hour for me now.............
                          Last edited by Bob; 10-12-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I had the same issues until I discovered the problem is in ImgBurn and not Fab and I was omitting a step in ImgBurn. I had to set the desired speed and the drive in the table to make it work correctly. Whatever speed shows next to the AWS block in discovery mode will be the speed ImgBurn will be the burn speed it tries to archive. I think if you set it like this it will work for you it does for me. See the attached picture:
                            Attached Files
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                              ah k gotcha GµårÐïåñ, maybe someone that has used v8 will comment.

I haven't backed up a DVD in a long time now...........haven't seen a movie i would pay money for in a long time out with all the crap that is coming out these days or maybe it's just the wifes and mine tastes........

Edit:

The futuristic post times here on the forum are getting close to a half hour for me now.............
                              Yeah I hadn't backed up in a long time either and when I saw version 8 out I was hoping it would be good and tried it and voila it burned me again, no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                                I had the same issues until I discovered the problem is in ImgBurn and not Fab and I was omitting a step in ImgBurn. I had to set the desired speed and the drive in the table to make it work correctly. Whatever speed shows next to the AWS block in discovery mode will be the speed ImgBurn will be the burn speed it tries to archive. I think if you set it like this it will work for you it does for me. See the attached picture:
                                I appreciate the feedback and that's why I am frustrated because I DO have it as you have suggested and still nothing. See attached.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X