No announcement yet.

DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy I don't know? When you have it in Discovery mode and pop in a blank does it pick it up and set the speed for you?
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Boy I don't know? When you have it in Discovery mode and pop in a blank does it pick it up and set the speed for you?
      Here is what I get, see attached.
      Attached Files
      Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

It doesn't seem to be picking up the MID? Without that it has no way of tying it to the preset automatic write speed does it?

Albert Einstein

Comment

It doesn't seem to be picking up the MID? Without that it has no way of tying it to the preset automatic write speed does it?
          Doesn't seem like it. But here is the reason I am convinced its DVDFab and not ImgBurn because frankly ImgBurn hasn't been updated in a long while, it has been configured like this since 7.x and was working, however asinine it was, but now it doesn't, so the only variable that is different is 8.x and that's where I concluded its causing it to break even beyond what was happening before.

As you can see, I am more than willing to try and resolve it but as you can see for yourself and I provided the screenshots, I am not messing around I am telling you guys the truth when I say this crap just doesn't work and its driving me nuts. I am open to suggestions folks, I really am but at the moment I am ready to just bang my head against the wall, it would be more constructive than trying to figure this out.

Comment

Check and make sure the MID for the blank is set for the AWS. I'm going to try the latest released DVDFab Beta now and I always use ImgBurn set for the AWS even though my TY can be overburned and still have an excellent burn

Comment

I just tried 8.0.2.4 AGJ and it worked fine, AWS set the speed and burned excellent. I also hooked up a USB drive that had never been connected before and inserted a blank disk, AWS picked it up right away based on the MID in discovery mode. Now I’m sure it must pick up the MID during discovery or it won’t set AWS.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GµårÐïåñ View Post
                Doesn't seem like it. But here is the reason I am convinced its DVDFab and not ImgBurn because frankly ImgBurn hasn't been updated in a long while, .
                BTW version 2.5.2.0 was released Sept. 1, that's fairly recent.

Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW version 2.5.2.0 was released Sept. 1, that's fairly recent.
                  Yes but I have not updated it since 2.5.1.0 to avoid just this kind of thing, the old saying why fix it if it ain't broke. But I see your point, you think the update might fix this issue? Either way, I will go ahead and install it but still makes no sense to me why its ignoring it.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2010, 01:15 AM. Reason: remove sarcastic remarks.

Comment

I don't know if it will help or not, I'm just saying.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know if it will help or not, I'm just saying.
                      I will give it a shot and get back to you, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Happy Caturday everyone
                        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Still no go. It has been configured hard wired like before and as shown in the screen shots according to all present instructions and was working fine before but now it doesn't and it won't respect the selected choices by itself either. So I am at a loss now, WTF?

Comment

Have you got another brand of blank to try? It looks as though it's not picking up the MID on the HPs.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah I have tried HP ones, Verbatim, Taiyo, Ritek and still same result. This is why I find it asinine that we have to hard code it anyway, because I mean for god sake we should be able to change discs without first having to make sure it is hard coded so it works. But at least when it IS hard coded, it should god dang work. Its so frustrating the amount of hoops you need to jump through to get something that should work as-is and out of the box to work. Its getting ridiculous.

Comment

It's my guess that if you rip it to the hard drive and try to burn it with Fab shut down and just ImgBurn, AWS still won't work because it's not picking up the MID.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X